Studer 963 aux extender

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marinbnm

I am planning to make box for adding 6 auxes to 963 per channel. Idea is to to take AF and PF signal from each channel, than use switches to switch between AF/PF and potmeter as level set...and than sum amp.....

While lookin on 963 channel schematic i remeber they had GND for each part.....so AUX1 and 2 are on main pcb and have gnd take from 0V-REF via buffer with 5534 op amp. Mono channel extender oard AUX3 and 4 potmeter are grounded to other GND which is again take from other 5534 (on same board) via 0V-REF....and master aux sm GND is again take from 5534 buffer which input is again 0V-REF.

They did this way probably to get away of ground loop problems......so my idea is to follow same this....to make unit modular, each PCB with 6 switched (AF/PF) and potmeter and opamp buffer to derive 0V from console 0V-REF line. Also same for each of 6 aux masters.

Only thing i do not see clear, where 0V-REF is connected in main bus on console? On power supply distribution or on channel itself i just see 0V-REF on P3-5 connector but since there is no schematicof motherboard i'm not lear is it connected to 0V nd from rectifier or so?

Latest posts

Back