api 2503

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
red /brown = primary

orange/yellow = secondary 1

green/blue = secondary 2

violet/gray = secondary 3

This is from the API 312 schematic.

Hope this helps

ju

I was looking at that data sheet... I guess we are to assume they kept the same color coding?

I wish I understand how this worked a bit better. Ugh, basics...

at 1:1, the primary is reflected at the third winding without a voltage change, right? But by connecting the first two windings, you get a center tap, a voltage gain and the impedace also changes?

some days I understand this and then the wind blows the wrong way and Im in a cloud, like today...

what are common uses for center taps?

thanks!

dave

it dosent matter .
its all one quad winding, so all the windings are equal in every respect.
just so long as you get a pair, that is
:guinness:

ok chris, can you take red/brown & orange/yellow and use them as a primary and then use green/blue & violet/gray as a secondary? Would that work? Am I a retard? I need to go to transformer school, shit.

there will never be a point at which I have learned enough. Im getting better at dealing with the frustration of being ignorant though.

shit...

dave

Yes, you could wire it like that.
Thats the neat thing, you could also use one of the sec windings to drive a VU meter, or use the amp as a mic splitter, etc.
You can vary you inductances by connectong two windings in series for either/or the pri or sec, many different combinations.
I think the normal hookup is one primary, and three secondaries.
Then you can series two sec windings and use the third for metering, etc.
I don't know if loading down the extra secondary with a vu meter will affect tone or not.
I still have to build mine.

:sam:

I thought about iron man, I mean I will be at oz fest, ! :grin:
I don't know what iron man looks like.
So I couldn't concieve an avatar.
still looking for my old Edison avatar.

[quote author="cjenrick"]I don't know what iron man looks like.
So I couldn't concieve an avatar.[/quote]
There was that album by Queen, I forgot the name of it, but it had a giant robot on the front, that would be a great Iron Man avatar.
Kelley

ummmm, oh yeah, errr
a hut a hut a hut a hut a hut (insert Tony riff here!)

wait, thats Sweet Leaf!
man, how many brain cells did Ozzy take?

no wonder I couldn't remember!
well, i guess i could ask Ethan to edit mi user name
i don't know, what about the "nobody likes him" part of the song?

:guinness:

the dot denotes the positive, yeah? when combing windings you connect positive to negative, right?

Im looking forward to the day when I can ask real questions...

sigh.

dave

[quote author="Plexibreath"][quote author="cjenrick"]I don't know what iron man looks like.
So I couldn't concieve an avatar.[/quote]
There was that album by Queen, I forgot the name of it, but it had a giant robot on the front, that would be a great Iron Man avatar.
Kelley[/quote]

http://www.kellyfreas.com/Home2a.htm#Top

scroll down

A little trivia --that painting was originally the first Astounding Science Fiction cover by The great (and prolific) SF illustrator Kelly Freas (in 1953) --I have a copy of that magazine, and many others. He (and John Berkey) drew spaceships you wanted to jump on and go.

-Eric

[quote author="soundguy"]Im looking forward to the day when I can ask real questions...[/quote]

Yeah, same with me. But for you, if all else fails, you can always post a picture of your pussy. :wink:

Cheers,

elco

Back