• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mixing any record $20 each

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uroarz

Really  trying to stay busy and keep from doing anything stupid so any project helps! Only asking for $20 per session unlimited tracks. No 10 minute songs.

All $$ goes to DIY builds. Help me build my studio 🤘😀
Thanks guys!
Payment via PayPal.

No dead serious haha.  Forgot it was April fools I shoulda clarified! Price will go up eventually but I'm really bored right now and could use something to do!

how about you start a hobby then. or take an internship in a real studio instead of dumping prices for everybody?

jeez guy no reason to be salty or anything... I'm sure you have great gear and all but I'm just doing things in the box so why not do it cheap for a minute?

nothing to do with gear at all. but this is a job. peple try to make a living from it. its cool if you are new to it. how abot learing without dumping. like getting an internship.....

Uroarz and me had a chat. sorry if i came along to strong... you're a good guy! still. get an internship :)

Hi Uroarz,
Salomonander is right.

What you are offering doesn't make any sense at all, I really think of you are bored and need to learn and experienced you should do a List of all the professional studios in a 30Km radius from your location and  ask for an internship.  No more boredom and you will learn a lot and enjoy the experience, then you will also learn a lot how to value your work.

It's not really that I think you will dump anyone's prices, I couldn't care less about that because someone that offers those prices also offers a service of the same value.
Every time some musician says to me a friend will mix their record for free then I already know the mixes will be crap and in the end they will pay me my normal fee to mix it .

So if you want to do that, thats fine do it.
You will soon learn how much time and effort it takes to mix, you will learn your limitations and you will feel low self esteem when people will not want to use your work because the mixes were crap.
Also most serious musicians will not fall into a type of offer like that, they already know that quality doesn't come for free, so the bands you will get will be pretty terrible stuff and really badly recorded.
So you will work for free in really bad music and miserable audio, good luck.

Like Salomonander said, if you want to work for free better to offer that to a studio and become an assistant there.

Regards

Agreed with all, internships are an invaluable learning experience.

.. if you're just looking for sessions to mix, Telefunken has recordings using all Telefunken mics here: http://www.telefunken-elektroakustik.com/download/multi-track-session.php

Beware though.. some of the recordings are better than others!  ;D

You may build your studio quicker by selling fast food and french fries than ruin other songs with that price. Doing so would keep you busy all day and not doing anything stupid.
All the best,

Also as this seems a business and a one off, you should pay the 20.00 and list this in the white Market here
then SELL it all you want!

Latest posts

Back