Compellor 320A Schematic Wanted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsmusic

Hi Folks,

I recently picked up a very cheap Aphex 320A Compellor. Unfortunately I couldn't try it out before I bought it.

I've just plugged it in and it appears to have a problem with the left channel meter - it's showing an input when there's no signal. I've had a hunt around and it seems to be a known issue. Most likely it's being caused by a faulty capacitor. I haven't had a chance to try the unit out yet as my little studio is currently undergoing a makeover so I'm not sure if this is actually a more serious problem.

Does anyone have a schematic of the 320A - I've had a look around and the only links I could find were dead.

Cheers,

Chris

They're complex little beasties. I have one that won't pass signal on one channel and another with a bad psu. The plan is to combine the two into one working unit

Inside they are complex - boards on top of boards with multiways between them and potted proprietary circuits. Not the easiest things in the world!

The link for the manual (at fullcompass.com) that I had is now dead. I have a manual for the Compellor 300 if that's any use

Nick Froome

Latest posts

Back