• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dynachord Echocord Super

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnheath

I havre found an add from someone selling a Dynachord Echocord Super for 600€...

I am a bit interested but I don't know so much about it.

Any ideas?

Best regards

/John

johnheath said:
I havre found an add from someone selling a Dynachord Echocord Super for 600€...
It's a beautiful but fragile piece of gear. In addition to the complexity of tape transport and tube electronics, there is the infamous push-button switching system, that often causes problems.
At that price, you must make sure that everything works as expected and that it has been seen by a reputable tech.

agree , for that price the unit should be in fully working state as well as cosmetically in good or very good state .
and should have a recent service.

i own a S65 in quite good state but i doubt that i´d get more than 400 atm
thinking about selling it for quite a while now since RE501

Also there are several Echocord Super :
excerpt from http://www.el-me-se.de/old/index.html

ECHOCORD SUPER

Vollröhrengerät - 1. Gerät der neuen ECHOCORD-SUPER-Baureihe (baugleich mit Klemt NG 51)

ECHOCORD SUPER 61

Vollröhrengerät - 2. Gerät der ECS-Baureihe, Neuentwicklung von Dynacord
ECHOCORD SUPER 62

Vollröhrengerät - 3. verbessertes Gerät der ECS-Baureihe
ECHOCORD SUPER 62a

Vollröhrengerät - 4. Gerät der ECS-Baureihe
ECHOCORD SUPER 65

Letztes Vollröhrengerät aus der ECS-Baureihe mit einigen Verbesserungen
ECHOCORD SUPER (75)

Volttransistoriertes Gerät - 1. Modell der neuen ECS-Baureihe im Kunststoffgehäuse
ECHOCORD SUPER 76

abbey road d enfer said:
It's a beautiful but fragile piece of gear. In addition to the complexity of tape transport and tube electronics, there is the infamous push-button switching system, that often causes problems.
At that price, you must make sure that everything works as expected and that it has been seen by a reputable tech.

Thank you sir

Yes, there is always the risk of malfunction even so small. I can fix electronics and replace what is needed but I am also thinking of the tape heads which I have heard can be difficult to track down if needed.

My guess is that 600€ is on the high side?

best regards

/John

nashkato said:
agree , for that price the unit should be in fully working state as well as cosmetically in good or very good state .
and should have a recent service.

i own a S65 in quite good state but i doubt that i´d get more than 400 atm
thinking about selling it for quite a while now since RE501

Also there are several Echocord Super :
excerpt from http://www.el-me-se.de/old/index.html

ECHOCORD SUPER

Vollröhrengerät - 1. Gerät der neuen ECHOCORD-SUPER-Baureihe (baugleich mit Klemt NG 51)

ECHOCORD SUPER 61

Vollröhrengerät - 2. Gerät der ECS-Baureihe, Neuentwicklung von Dynacord
ECHOCORD SUPER 62

Vollröhrengerät - 3. verbessertes Gerät der ECS-Baureihe
ECHOCORD SUPER 62a

Vollröhrengerät - 4. Gerät der ECS-Baureihe
ECHOCORD SUPER 65

Letztes Vollröhrengerät aus der ECS-Baureihe mit einigen Verbesserungen
ECHOCORD SUPER (75)

Volttransistoriertes Gerät - 1. Modell der neuen ECS-Baureihe im Kunststoffgehäuse
ECHOCORD SUPER 76

Thank you sir.

Yes, it is a quite high price for this unit which is not in a perfect condition... on the outside. Inside I do not know.

I'll talk to the seller and see what he is willing to do on the price.

Best regards

/John

Def. on the high side!

Heads from Echolette are also prone to fail.  At least for the older modells.
And your Super seems to be  like the NG51.
I wouldn't pay half the price. But maybe I'm outdated on Echocord prices.

I can sell you a working but not so clean one for 150€ if you are willing to put some work on it. It´s a 62a. It works, but at the moment it´s not "pleasant".

Back