Number of the Beast

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later :-[

And Sweden leads the way, when everyone thought it would be the Donald.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/04/04/cyborgs-work-swedish-employees-getting-implanted-microchips/

REVELATION: 13. 17.
"So that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name."

DaveP

It this getting blown out of proportion? Conceptually it is no different than having a photocard with and RFID chip in it and they have been around for ages. The only novel thing is the ghoulish practice of embedding the chip in the human body rather than in a piece of plastic. How long before some writer of detective novel cuts off someones finger to gain access? Only slightly less macabre than removing an eyeball for a retinal scan.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
It this getting blown out of proportion? Conceptually it is no different than having a photocard with and RFID chip in it and they have been around for ages. The only novel thing is the ghoulish practice of embedding the chip in the human body rather than in a piece of plastic.

You can't escape it, it's embedded in you. It's about control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvOSufZ1IIM

It this getting blown out of proportion? Conceptually it is no different than having a photocard with and RFID chip in it and they have been around for ages. The only novel thing is the ghoulish practice of embedding the chip in the human body rather than in a piece of plastic. How long before some writer of detective novel cuts off someones finger to gain access? Only slightly less macabre than removing an eyeball for a retinal scan.
It's not the concept that's the problem, it's the indication of where we are at in Biblical terms.

In my area of France, most of the locals still use cheques, so we are some time off universal chip implantation.  I think there will have to be some global crisis or food shortage to initiate such a thing on a world scale.  Climate Change anyone?

DaveP

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian
This has already played out in modern fiction (TV at least). Kind of like the chips inside modern credit cards, these should be harder to spoof.

They use these in pets and maybe cattle ( if valuable enough?)

One distinction with an actual processor embedded inside is the capability to make decisions based on measurements. The military has been experimenting with this for years, and for different applications. 
===
A logical progression for AI is computer assisted humans... not sure how that interface will end up but the IOT will eventually be the IOP (internet of people) with I/O hardware inside us .

JR

@ Dave... having a bad day(s)?

@ Dave... having a bad day(s)?
I have always been interested in how things work, that's been my thing, got told off for breaking stuff when I was a kid, just to find out how it ticked.  Not just electronics, compressors or audio, but society, history and earth science too.

I've been watching how stuff like this could even get off the ground, several other things had to happen to enable it.

The Jews had to go back to form the state of Israel.  (1912 Balfour declaration, British Mandate etc.).

The Bible had to be translated and given to everyone in the world, just about done.

People had to lose faith in God first, two world wars seemed to do the trick, church attendance in decline in the West.

Then people had to lose faith in the Church, what better than thousands of child abuse cases to do that.  Add that to crooked church pastors skimming bucks off gullible congregations and the mix is lethal.

The liberal secular movement was once a group of loony tunes, now it's mainstream.  No crosses, hijabs etc. in the workplace.

With religion on its knees (perhaps where it should have been all along) we get worldwide terrorism needing a global response, everyone becomes security obsessed making fertile ground for chip implantation in a naive un-Sunday schooled generation.

The outcome is a critical mass generation that do not know their Bible and care less.  They have no idea where this train is heading and from the sound of the people on the clip, they just think it's the future.

I'm too old to see the outcome but I worry for my kids and grandkids.  By the time implantation becomes mandatory for food, the crisis will be so bad that the old would be excluded anyways.  But whatever, I will never have one of those things stuck in me.  Just Sayin'.

DaveP

DaveP said:
I have always been interested in how things work, that's been my thing, got told off for breaking stuff when I was a kid, just to find out how it ticked.  Not just electronics, compressors or audio, but society, history and earth science too.

I've been watching how stuff like this could even get off the ground, several other things had to happen to enable it.

The Jews had to go back to form the state of Israel.  (1912 Balfour declaration, British Mandate etc.).

The Bible had to be translated and given to everyone in the world, just about done.

People had to lose faith in God first, two world wars seemed to do the trick, church attendance in decline in the West.

Then people had to lose faith in the Church, what better than thousands of child abuse cases to do that.  Add that to crooked church pastors skimming bucks off gullible congregations and the mix is lethal.

The liberal secular movement was once a group of loony tunes, now it's mainstream.  No crosses, hijabs etc. in the workplace.

With religion on its knees (perhaps where it should have been all along) we get worldwide terrorism needing a global response, everyone becomes security obsessed making fertile ground for chip implantation in a naive un-Sunday schooled generation.

The outcome is a critical mass generation that do not know their Bible and care less.  They have no idea where this train is heading and from the sound of the people on the clip, they just think it's the future.

I'm too old to see the outcome but I worry for my kids and grandkids.  By the time implantation becomes mandatory for food, the crisis will be so bad that the old would be excluded anyways.  But whatever, I will never have one of those things stuck in me.  Just Sayin'.

DaveP
Allow me to rephrase... having a bad "end of days"?

JR

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian

I absolutely agree!!!

tands said:
You can't escape it, it's embedded in you. It's about control.

But it's not really about control if it's voluntary. From  a practical standpoint it's actually worse if you're required to carry an ID with both biometric data and RFID, because then there's no opting out without facing consequences from the state. In this case we can simply choose to not work at said location or choose a less convenient option.

If this had been state-mandated it'd have been different.

mattiasNYC said:
But it's not really about control if it's voluntary.

If this had been state-mandated it'd have been different.

What a cop out. Define this voluntary thing you speak of. Is it voluntary when it's required for your job, or school? Is it voluntary when you need it to buy beer? Or food? Once it's in, you'll edit your list of possible acts to ones you wouldn't want the world to know.  You'll change what you do, so as not to be exposed by the people who collect your data, or those they sell it to. You will be accountable to them, even if you are not a criminal. That's control.

There are many too many people who define their ideas of what reality consists of based on half assed intellectual tricks, like the semantic implied differences they can obtain with language. Language is not reality, but a model of it. You're confusing the model with the reality, and assuming what's possible in the model is also possible in reality, intentionally or not.

What's the point of that?

DaveP said:
The outcome is a critical mass generation that do not know their Bible and care less.

Why should they know or care about a collection of parables that has been edited numerous times over two millennia?

My favorite passage from the New Testament is Matthew 6:5-7. Keyword: hypocrite.

On this forum, the number of the beast is surely 555...

http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/else/663

;)

tands said:
There are many too many people who define their ideas of what reality consists of based on half assed intellectual tricks, like the semantic implied differences they can obtain with language. Language is not reality, but a model of it. You're confusing the model with the reality, and assuming what's possible in the model is also possible in reality, intentionally or not.

What's the point of that?

Damn Tands, thats super deep. Is reality even reality? Once a moment is past it has to be discribed somehow. And something that hasn't yet happened has to be described as well. Our whole existance on this forum, especially the brewery, is based on "half assed intellectual tricks".

And the point of that, is to escape our real reality for a quick moment and have some fun with language.

"A movement is accomplished in six stages
 And the seventh brings return. 
The seven is the number of the young light
 It forms when darkness is increased by one. "
- Sid Barrett

tands said:
What a cop out. Define this voluntary thing you speak of.

Sure. These people that the article talks about aren't forced to implant these NFC chips. They have the option to. Some have, the vast majority have not. That's what "voluntary" means.

tands said:
Is it voluntary when it's required for your job, or school? Is it voluntary when you need it to buy beer? Or food?

Read the article and tell me if any of the above is the case here..... Talk about hyperbole...

tands said:
There are many too many people who define their ideas of what reality consists of based on half assed intellectual tricks, like the semantic implied differences they can obtain with language.

Yeah, well, words have meaning..... sucks when that happens, but it happens all the time...

We can discuss what reality is for the people in that article, or we can discuss a possible future. But let's not conflate the two and justify that by saying that it's all just "semantic implied difference" resulting in "intellectual tricks" or whatever...

Latest posts

Back