Neumann M49 DIY Bodykits – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maq3396 said:
Hi Banzai,

Thanks for doing this!

Will you be posting a list of the members who purchased bodies to ensure that we made the list?

Thanks
Mac

Hi Mac, everyone who paid before the closing will receive their orders. Had kept 20pcs in reserve not knowing what the demand would be, and they were all sold as well (70pcs total).

Thank you to everyone for the confidence, and I hope you'll all be pleased with your orders! Will update with tracking as soon as they're shipped.

I just got a heads up from Warren Huart saying there were a few available, however the mailing was fom earlier. *facepalm*
Please, put me next, next in line for a body and headbasket.
I have been jonesing for one of these for a while, and thought my subscription was suposed to notify me when these came back on line.
Perhaps this is a new thread.
At any rate, please put me on the desperately lonely and weeping in a dark room ....
Oh who am I kidding lol!
It would be great to get one if possible, and if you would put me on the list, or let me know what you need, I'd be ever so greatful.

Thank you,

John

To all that missed this opportunity: there is still OPR who has started a feeler for the exact same bodies...

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=64260.0

Beesneez also has some M49 bodies in the works... 20 of them already extremely close ready with satin nickel body and grill finishes... I think I may want to hold-out for a different body finish with bright nickel finish grills!

StefanAC said:
Would be interested in two swivel mounts but some pics would be nice  ;)

Absolutely, as soon as all the kits are shipped I'll get back with pics and pricing

thanks for the tracking ID, Banzai.

to all the girls and boys building these mics. i hope the M49 thread in the microphone subforum will pick up the pace a bit. i wanna read more about tube choices and how to make them work smoothly in these mics. there has been some discussion on this topic but it's not enough for my taste. =P

mine arrived too in Berlin, fantastic...it has a little dent but I think I can fix it

Nicholas

e.oelberg said:
mine arrived too in Berlin, fantastic...it has a little dent but I think I can fix it

Nicholas

Ah, not good news. Did the headbasket suffer in shipping?

Quick note about getting the best out of your finish:

Pretty much all the marks and stains in this plating can be removed. What I prefer for nickel is a soft rag with an 8% vinegar solution (slightly acidic). Think it's standard white table vinegar. Really easily removes any brown water stains and gives a clean bright finish.

Metal polish also produces very good results – even if the parts look clean when I start, I sometimes end up with a black rag after a good scrub. Which ever method you use, I hope the final results will be close to perfect!

Attachments

• vinegar 8%.jpg
    vinegar 8%.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back