Neumann M49 DIY Bodykits – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Bodys arrived today here in Germany, excited to bring these Beauties to Life.

Thanks to Banzai!

Received mine today as well - they look great!
Thank you Banzai :)

For those who also ordered a mic body from Aputis I can add - since I had the pleasure to work with an M49 based on a prototype of his M49 mic body for a couple of weeks - if you like this mic body here, you'll definitely love Aputis'!

As stated above the mic bodies offered by Banzai here look fantastic - especially for the price they're amazing!

But Andrew's M49 mic bodies are definitely  a work of art! You'll see what mean when you finally get them...

Thanks again Banzai for making this happen!!

Today i fired up my M49 for the first Time. I build this Mic after  Oliver Archuts M49 Schematic with RFT EF762 Tube.
The PSU is Chunger/Matadors universal PSU, so i can easy set all Voltages to the right Workpoint.
I've use a Trimmer for the Cathode resistor to play a little bit with the bias point. Cathode bypass Cap is 10uF.
This Mic sounds good so far. The EF762 is rar to find, i think this a upgraded Version of the EF732. I'm deeply impressed with the noisefloor of this Tube. Better than my EF806s from Telefunken :eek:

Thanks again to Banzai!

Attachments

• P1130231.jpg
    P1130231.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
Just picked mine up....a thing of beauty!

Thanks, I cant wait to get started on it.

Cheers
Mac

Ericbazaar said:
Today i fired up my M49 for the first Time. I build this Mic after  Oliver Archuts M49 Schematic with RFT EF762 Tube.
The PSU is Chunger/Matadors universal PSU, so i can easy set all Voltages to the right Workpoint.
I've use a Trimmer for the Cathode resistor to play a little bit with the bias point. Cathode bypass Cap is 10uF.
This Mic sounds good so far. The EF762 is rar to find, i think this a upgraded Version of the EF732. I'm deeply impressed with the noisefloor of this Tube. Better than my EF806s from Telefunken :eek:

Thanks again to Banzai!

Beautiful!

useme2305 said:
Ericbazaar, congrats. what transformer is in there?

in this build i've use a lundahl 1935 backwards 10:1, later i will install the famous Haufe t8974. but this kind of trafo is very expensive. you can it order directly from haufe.
today i record some sounds and i love this mic with the installed lundahl, no problems with bass response at all.
this is the quitest mic i've ever build and i build many mics....hmm maybe the excellent RFT Tube?! :eek:
or maybe all other tubes bad?! lol ;D

flatresponse said:
Hi Ericbazaar, the connector looks great. What kind of swivelmount and connector are you using ?
Is it custom made oder can I buy it somewhere ?

Regards
Manfred.

this is a old neumann swivel, original use for the KM Series (254, 256)., with extra HF shielding. I found it on ebay, the price was around 100€ for two Connectors (male and female), expensive but i've never seen a build quality like this before in my Life.
these crazy german engineers, the mic is save in all positions.
the M49 is with complete components very heavy, but the swivel hold it perfectly.

best
andreas

Hi useme,

is this the swivel mount from Latch Lake ?
I thought they only offer them in plated or brushed steel ?

Hi Banzai,
any information about your swivel mount already ?
Before everybody finds his own solution.

Hi Ericbazaar,
I´m looking for my EF 732 in combination with the Haufe T 8974.
Hopefully i can live with with a little more noisefloor ...

Best
Manfred.

flatresponse, yep. they're available in black.
i bet Banzai's version will be pretty much the same or at least very similar? but don't want to speculate too much in his thread.
maybe he can chime in?

Back