Neumann M49 DIY Bodykits – CLOSED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banzai said:
Sorry for the lack of response on the mounts, I'm just waiting to hear back for quotes.

Next step I'll ask everyone by e-mail how many pieces they want, and we'll figure out the rest from there.

Thanks for your patience guys!

I understand very well you want to have reliable numbers.
But before I say, I want 2 or 3, I want to know, what I´m gonna buy and how much I gonna pay for it.
It´s like the german saying: don´t buy a cat in the sack.

Would you have a little information for us, Banzai, please ?
Would be great !

Regards
Manfred.

flatresponse said:
I understand very well you want to have reliable numbers.
But before I say, I want 2 or 3, I want to know, what I´m gonna buy and how much I gonna pay for it.
It´s like the german saying: don´t buy a cat in the sack.

Would you have a little information for us, Banzai, please ?
Would be great !

Regards
Manfred.

You're already on the next step... I don't even have the quotes yet!  ;)

Damn. I missed this deal. If anyone has changed their mind I want two of these bodies.

Hi Ruud.

We use these for some of our larger Microphones but not sure if they do one large enough fro the M49.

http://rycote.com/microphone-windshield-shock-mount/invision-studio/

Rycote InVision USM-VB should be big enough ! 55 to 68 mm
I have a regular and an USM VB, also good for Sennheiser 421 ;)

BUT: the locking mechanism is a bit of a pita...but it works

Sorry for the delay on these swivels, took a while to get these quotes from Latch Lake. The basic story is, it's not going to work because of a lack of margin (customs and shipping puts me above their direct price)

For anyone who wants one, I'd encourage you to contact them directly to order! It's a tiny item, shipping should be reasonably affordable.

shabtek said:
May9-- it is nickle  Plated Finish version.

Thanks. That's the 3rd different quote I've heard in the last couple of weeks... I'm editing out the  pricing I received because it's conflicting. Don't want to mislead anyone.

Does anyone have an illustration detailing how the Binder connector and the Latchlake swivel adapter integrate?

trans4funks1 said:
Does anyone have an illustration detailing how the Binder connector and the Latchlake swivel adapter integrate?

You just screw the connector into the swivel. 3 grub screws lock it in place.

Thank you for explaining.

Do I understand correctly; does the Swivel Mount replace the Rear Ring Nut and thread on to the Carrier Sleeve Body?

Binder-691.jpg

Back