Peerless 15036 Repeat Coil 600:600

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
this coil has a rep, heck,  most of the Peerless stuff does,

used in Altec 468a  and probably elsewhere,

600:600 repeat coil, probably used for high quality phone lines in the last mile,

Attachments

• altec-peerless-15036-transformers.jpg
    altec-peerless-15036-transformers.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 42
runs flat 10 to 100K  which is not hard for a low turns 1:1

ain't gonna do no 23 db at 20 Hz, sales people forgot to spec the frequency imagine that,

might do 8 db at 20,

Attachments

• peerless 15036 diagram.png
    peerless 15036 diagram.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 56
primary inductance is pretty high for a 600 job, only one that beats this inductance is the Tamura,

measured at about 1.5 V-rms input

Attachments

• Peerless 15036.png
    Peerless 15036.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 56
glad you asked,  we have it here on the print,

mixed core, 3/4" stack, Supermalloy mixed with a little 50/50

this coil might have been "borrowed" from the UTC LS140, which has the same winding structure, 800 turns, bi fi wound and with dual shields, the Peerless has an additional copper wrapper around the outside of both coils,

Attachments

• Peerless 15036 Print.png
    Peerless 15036 Print.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 99
Looks lke about 10 ohms per winding so about 20 for 600 ohms. Very good. If I am right, 90H at 20Hz for 880 turns is an AL value of  over 100 microH.

Cheers

Ian

finally found the USB cable for the camera so we have a couple of Peerless pics,

nice hefty copper shield,

Attachments

• p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 58
Hey danfeank, is there a non essential blue print that you could share, not really interested in turns and laminations, but would love to see the format of the print, the testing instructions,etc, you can blank out all the data if you want, that would be killer!

Every company had their own style blueprint and it is fun to see the difference, Thanks, cj

Hi CJ,
I’m obsessed with transformers but honestly, the only one I’ve ever unwound to see what the specs were was a blown output from the original run of Sovtek MIG50 guitar amps. They ran crazy voltages through them (560v) and the between layer insulation was thin paper, like an old school lunch bag from a long time ago.
The only thing I didn’t write down was wire gauge sizes but if memory serves me it was 19ga on the secondary and 27 on the primary but don’t quote me on that. Also, the layers go in reverse… I numbered them as I was unwinding the coil.
Wish I had more to offer… Sad thing is that I’ve had all the super desirable outputs sitting around just waiting to be used for amp building. At one time I had six (6!) 16431s, several HK Citation 2 outputs, I even had a pair of outputs from Mac MC3500s but all those are long gone, unfortunately. Ebay used to be cool like 20+ years ago…. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was after a Peerless factory blueprint form, like something the engineer would fill out to give to the winders, does not have to include any data,

Back