I Might Have A Portal Under My Desk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

critterkllr

I think I have a portal to another dimension underneath my work desk. No matter how clean and clear I keep it, electronics components vanish as soon as they hit the ground. Anybody else have this problem?

Other options are:

1) Other electronics components rush in to save the dropped component by taking it somewhere far, far away.
2) Components turn into John Malkovich.
3) I'm bad at finding things.

I've spent time looking for a part on the bench and not finding it.
I'll walk away and come back and there it is. Someone must have placed it there when I was gone.
I've also  spent some time on my knees with a flash light looking for the one part
I dropped being the last part needed to finish the project.
Ain't it fun.

Install hard floor and wear couple of these to hear where the runner hits the ground.
etb56-frbrass-105-620x480.jpg

Best method to find parts I've lost is to order a replacement.
As soon as the money is gone, the lost part miraculously turns up, all innocent-like...

critterkllr said:
I think I have a portal to another dimension underneath my work desk. No matter how clean and clear I keep it, electronics components vanish as soon as they hit the ground. Anybody else have this problem?

Other options are:

1) Other electronics components rush in to save the dropped component by taking it somewhere far, far away.
2) Components turn into John Malkovich.
3) I'm bad at finding things.
Components are innocent. Tools do it. It's a conspiracy to make you doubt your sanity, just like they manage to hide from view whenever you're looking for them, and return right after you've had a fight with the missus because you took her scissors to cut and strip wires.

mattamatta said:
Your components are somewhere hiding with hundreds of guitar picks.
Ironically I've found several guitar picks near the same spot even though I don't play guitar. No doubt from past beer parties when I've had live bands playing in my living room. The picks end up on window sills and sundry flat resting spaces.

JR

My portal has developed mobility, it tracks whatever housework I'm doing, currently replacing doorknobs and catches, I hear the screw drop but the portal moves in and gets it on first bounce. Nothing so mundane as M3 screws, it's developed a taste for the special screws which fit the ceramic knobs and secure them to the slotted square shaft. Anyone got a D shape butterfly net to catch falling screws in mid drop?

Latest posts

Back