Racking Amek BC2 cards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyReel

Hi all,

I have 2 Amek BC2 cards lying around that I'm thinking of racking for the EQ. Any tips on suitable rack kits?

Thanks,

Tim.

I was helping a friend to do a similar thing with BC3 EQ modules but then he gave up and I sold the EQ module here on the forum. I am not sure if you have the entire strip but I had cut the EQ section out. Picture attached.

I don't think there is a specific kit for it. You just have to do the case yourself. If you do not have the means for that I could happily do it for you in 1U. 

Alternatively, I have 3 slot 500 series rack and blank module metalwork.  https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=52462.0

I have also recently designed a  single slot width on board power supply for the 500 series rack.  So you can make something desktop.

Attachments

• bc3eq_01.JPG
    bc3eq_01.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 16
Hi there.

Thanks for the response. I have  2 x BCIII9/4 - line card with EQ x 2, matched and 1 x BC1125/4 - line card without EQ
Ideally I'd like the 2 units in one rack mount, as I'd use them as a stereo EQ.

With your 500 series unit, do you mean you can mix 500 series and the AMEK cards in one unit? They are, of course much longer than 500 series.

Please PM me and we can discuss costs  :)

Thanks,

Tim.

sahib said:
I was helping a friend to do a similar thing with BC3 EQ modules but then he gave up and I sold the EQ module here on the forum. I am not sure if you have the entire strip but I had cut the EQ section out. Picture attached.

I don't think there is a specific kit for it. You just have to do the case yourself. If you do not have the means for that I could happily do it for you in 1U. 

Alternatively, I have 3 slot 500 series rack and blank module metalwork.  https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=52462.0

I have also recently designed a  single slot width on board power supply for the 500 series rack.  So you can make something desktop.

Latest posts

Back