K47 clones what about them

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.oelberg

I know the sonic differences between a Neumann M7 and Thiersch M7...they are pretty small, but how is it with the k47 copies floating around ? could anybody help me ?

all the K7/K47 chinese capsules that i've tested ( a lot) were from horrible to ok
but always in a lower league than neumann k49/k87, thiersch M7,beezneez K6/7/8
And also, i wish i could test Dan's M7 capsule soon

cheers
Fred

ps: Dan, si tu es là, PM moi , je serais à Montréal en mai  :)

Hey Fred,

would you share some examples of "a lot"  K7/K47 chinese capsules.
I know only few chines "7" type and if there is anything else i would like to test it ;)
I would call it much more different league than "lower".
Different metalwork and thicker diaphragms change a lot :D
Main difference is that M7 (Berlin, Gefell or Möschlitz) or Berlin K47/K49 sound usual great anywhere you will install it.
Chinese capsules unfortunately not, but it's possible to make wonderfull microphones with it.

granger.frederic said:
all the K7/K47 chinese capsules that i've tested ( a lot) were from horrible to ok
but always in a lower league than neumann k49/k87, thiersch M7,beezneez K6/7/8
And also, i wish i could test Dan's M7 capsule soon

cheers
Fred

ps: Dan, si tu es là, PM moi , je serais à Montréal en mai  :)

Go for Dany's capsule,it is great!

The Rabbit Hole is vast and deep.

I like:

The Neumann 47/49 Capsule available in singles from Sennheiser,

http://spares.sennheiser.co.uk/neumann/neumann-m-149/neumann-k49-capsule-for-m149-microphone-053291.html

Thiersch Elektroakustik I use a lot of these and am very happy with them!!!

http://www.thiersch-mic.de/stm_produkte.html

Poctops is also good and available in short runs at a good price!

My problems with the Chinese capsules whether many or a few manufacturers exist is the lack of QC on the part of the manufacturer. How much do you want to spend and which U47 variant are you trying to copy? If you want to go to a new place definitely check out Beesneez.

http://beesneezmics.com/diy-microphone-range/replacement--diy-capsules/beesneez-m7-capsule.html

actually I just wanted to get an update on what was happening on the "membrane market" as I didn't build a mic for a couple of years anymore. I have mics with Thiersch, Tim Campbell and Beesneez capsules, I have a couple of 5 year old chinese capsule which I don't use, for good reason. I thought something would have changed.... thank you all for giving me an update

Hello all
I tried to post here a minute ago, but it looks like something happened and it got wiped out. If for some reason it double posts I apologize.

Anyway, I bought the D-47 kit from www.vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com and am wanting some guidance for the capsule. I purchased a capsule from Mic-parts (RK47) because the site has a lot of great reviews. I see a few capsules that seem like they may or may not possibly be a better choice, but I do not have enough experience to know what the real life practical and sonic differences are.

I was looking at the D-7 from the same site...the Heiserman HK47...the Peluso P-K47 or CEK47...the Advanced Audio AK47....the MicandMod RM K47. and as I stated I bought a Mic-Parts RK47. I know there are more, but I don't know what other ones to look at. Obviously price is an issue or I would get the Sennheiser K49.

If anyone is able to guide me here that would be awesome as I don't know and I DO know people here have a much better idea and understanding of which one is really worth it and if it isn't.
Thanks in advance 

Back