A minor find, but could be useful

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Pink

Anybody else try to find decent test leads (with alligator clips) lately? They are all crap these days, unless you walk in with gold ingots and a contract lawyer to barter up a binding contract for the Pamona stuff.

Just ran across these ends at the local Fry's, 6 bucks for a 10 pack, 10 different colors that match resistor bands . These might be a bit large for some uses, but they seem well made, strong spring, and bite like a bulldog that just came from the doggie dentist, teeth mate well, much better than the last crap I bought.

So I bought two packs, and made my own test leads with scrap wire, nothing smaller than #18. [gripe] Alligator clips are not supposed to be connected with "1 amp fusible link" wire, with a deceptive insulation / copper ratio similar to spark plug wire.  :mad: [/gripe]

http://www.e-z-hook.com/index.html

Jpeg includes the bag header with enough info to track them down, if anyone is interested.  #9274-S

Gene

Attachments

• E-Z-Hook.jpg
    E-Z-Hook.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 24
Perfect timing!  I am sitting on the floor here with a console power supply that can deliver 11 amps and I don't have the original cable with socapex connector.  I need heavy duty alligator clip cables to attach to load resistors.  And….I just so happen to be going to Frys in the morning.

Thanks Gene.

Back