Orange discrete opamp .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there might be a tiny (1012=factor 1,000,000,000,000)difference between uppercase and lowercase letters, FI  18MA vs 18mA quiescent current or 0.2MV vs 0.2mV input offset voltage ...

A very sloppy presentation  (similar or different to 990? ;)), sloppy specifications (lot of errors in nomenclature)...

I like PC chassis on the back.

says it can replace a 2604... but max +/-VDC on a 2604 can be +/-24VDC, that opamp can do a max of +/-18VDC, can't wait to watch that go pop when you swap it in circuits running +/-24VDC

Never seen open loop bandwidth quoted before. It is quoted as 48KHz which is interesting as it implies the dominant pole compensation does not kick in at a few Hz like it does in most op amps. Which begs the question why do you need over 100dB open loop gain?

I would love to see a figure for the open loop distortion.

Cheers

Ian

moamps said:
A very sloppy presentation  (similar or different to 990? ;)), sloppy specifications (lot of errors in nomenclature)...

I like PC chassis on the back.

The orange coloured soldering iron is a nice touch.

Harpo said:
there might be a tiny (1012=factor 1,000,000,000,000)difference between uppercase and lowercase letters, FI  18MA vs 18mA quiescent current or 0.2MV vs 0.2mV input offset voltage ...

Or maybe they could've not used a stupid ALL CAPS template for the specs table. Brainless marketing.

Andy Peters said:
Or maybe they could've not used a stupid ALL CAPS template for the specs table. Brainless marketing.
But they didn't. 112dB, the inconsistant 48Khz vs. 50MHz, the mindbending 'Input Resistance (K Ohm)' being 50 M Ohms, ...

> quoted as 48KHz which is interesting as it implies the dominant pole compensation does not kick in at a few Hz

With 112dB, flat to 48KHz, unity-gain at 50MHz, isn't that a 12dB/oct roll-off?

But we are the wrong crowd. We supposed to look at the fab specs and say "Golly Gee!", buy it, stuff it.

PRR said:
> quoted as 48KHz which is interesting as it implies the dominant pole compensation does not kick in at a few Hz

With 112dB, flat to 48KHz, unity-gain at 50MHz, isn't that a 12dB/oct roll-off?

But we are the wrong crowd. We supposed to look at the fab specs and say "Golly Gee!", buy it, stuff it.

I think you are right; three decades for 112dB is just under 40dB/decade which is 12dB/octave. There must be at least two much higher poles, which is not good for stability, or they have managed coincident poles at 48KHz (not likely). I wonder if it is unity gain stable?

Cheers

Ian

There is also the 2SK3320 from Toshiba, both great ln transistors. Unfortunately though, both duals have their sources joined inside the package and brought out on a single pin, so no individul source degeneration possible in an LTP.

Harpo said:

p, z or y vs P, Z and Y would be even worse, with the Y would be 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000! 48 silly zeros!

By the way, 1yA is just about one electron every other day!

JS

Latest posts

Back