G Taper Potentiometer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trumanaudio

I am looking for a G50K pot, found in the yamaha pm1000. I want it to be as close to the original as possible, but I can't seem to find a G taper pot anywhere.

What would be a good alternative?

A taper (log) is the closer, more common taper. I don't know how it's used, you could use a bigger pot lugged to get a more steep curve.

JS

PS: I checked the schem, you are talking about the eq section right? If you use a different taper you'll have the flat response at 10 O'Clock, not nice! You should probably go with a 100k (maybe 200kA but I guess a 100kA should do) and load from the wiper to the lower side with a resistor, choose such resistor so the flat response is at center. You could use a trimpot if you want them to be death center, or choose the closest value and call it a day. You will still miss the center tap which ensures death flat at center detent, but with the trimpot you could deal with that.

You should be able to get away with using a 50k linear in its place. I'm pretty sure the G50k pots used are linear pots with the center grounded so that you get the best offness when a EQ band is centered.

Mouser has the Bourns PTT111

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/PTT111-3217A-B503/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtC25l1F4XBU1gRILB9VStL6OifK3MMtjE%3d

Latest posts

Back