What is this part?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraemeWoller

Hi folks,

I'm sure this is a totally noob-central question, but what on earth is this sprung end-piece connector on a SDC called?! I've looked everywhere for an answer and I can't find a name for it.

I want to get a few and it's driving me batty.  :eek:

I'm going to feel like an idiot when someone tells me, (and rightly so, I'm sure), but right now I have no bloody idea and I've spent days trying to search for the part name when I could've been doing interesting things like laying out a PCB.

Sigh.  :-[

Cheers!

Graeme

Attachments

• SDC Connector.png
    SDC Connector.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 71
Hmm, those pogo pins look really fun to find a use for, but I'm thinking about the whole plastic, pin, wire, and spring part on the end. I've seen them in a bunch of mics, but never a name for them and that makes it quite hard to buy the little buggers!  ;)

GraemeWoller said:
I've looked everywhere for an answer and I can't find a name for it.
I think you're looking for a custom-made part, but one part of the answer may be this
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/spring-test-probes/5424990/
Google "spring loaded test probe"

Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it! :)

And thanks for the Shakespeare micaddict!  ;D

How have other people handled SDCs with screw-in capsules around here? I haven't noticed many diy SDC mics on the forum but it's certainly been fun working out the internals!!

JM27.jpg

abbey road d enfer said:
I would think it's relatively easy to make with a 3-D printer.

Yeah, that's a good call. I've never designed anything for a printer before, but I'm a good learner so it shouldn't be too hard to sketch up and get printed somewhere.

There might be a market there for other folks who're making SDCs. ;)

I might have to start a thread documenting  my whole project. I'm sure the trials and tribulations may be useful to someone.

Yeah, that's a good call. I've never designed anything for a printer before, but I'm a good learner so it shouldn't be too hard to sketch up and get printed somewhere.

There might be a market there for other folks who're making SDCs. ;)

Go for it.
And yes, distribute them to other folks.
Best of all ... you get to name the part.  :p

Latest posts

Back