Recommendations for Custom Faceplates/Metal Fabrication in UK?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieOxford

I have a synth that I'm building a new case for - the old chipboard one is falling apart!

I thought it would be nice to get a new front panel made up for it too. It should be fairly easy - the faceplate is approx 950 by 50mm in size, with another 40mm bent behind and above, and a few holes/slots for buttons and faders.

Can anyone recommend someone in the UK who could do this well?

Attachments

• 2017-05-08 14.41.20 copy.jpg
    2017-05-08 14.41.20 copy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Another picture attached showing the side of the front panel, and some more info on the synth/a better picture for anyone interested: http://synthpalace.com/arp-solina-string-ensemble/

Attachments

• 2017-05-08 14.41.38 copy.jpg
    2017-05-08 14.41.38 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
You could try

www.thebeast.co.uk

Check out their services page. The already do audio work so they should be able to do what you want. I have been meaning to try them myself for some time. I spoke to Julian there who was very helpful and friendly.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian.

How are you wanting to have the surface finished? 

You have different options, according to your budget.

At the cheap end of things, you could get a vinyl overlay with the legend printed on it.
Moving up, you could get something CNC engraved
Then, probably at the highest end of things, youre onto silk screen printing.

It depends what sort of final finish you are after, and how much money you want to throw at it really.

Latest posts

Back