dante

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I am finally a believer! It works both live and for me in the studio! Finally no BS when it comes to networking it is just front end back end!

Well from what I heard last night, forget the coverter the dante is built into. Yeah they sounded nice but not nearly as impressive as the dante  protocol, the fact they do free certification for dante and HDK's so you can play with adding dante into a manufacturing line.

Yeah guys like avid do certification but charge you for it. Dante is just like come and learn and get free certification. I like the idea. I like how on 1 X cat6 cable and a proper switcher from the local electronics store like best buy, you can be in business.
It's neat for sure.

They must have changed their ways...

When I inquired about it, more than a year ago, it was like 9000$ to get at the documentation needed to do any programming. And that was for one person wanting to develop network tools. No hardware involved even.

They must be sensing it's too late now that AVB has been accepted by all major broadcasters in Europe. AVB is open and free.

User-level training and certification is free. Dunno what development stuff would cost. It seems like they're making a lot of money selling the modules and chipsets to go into other companies products, even for Yamaha and Shure.

Latest posts

Back