SM Pro mc03 (Nady tcm1050?) bass problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

Hi guys,
I just scored an mc03 v2 i would like to upgrade. It should be simmilar to Nady 1050 with a twist. HF attenuation circuit is enabled when phantom is engaged.

Mic doesn't sound so bad, but it lacks bass big time. I changed the capsule for k47 style and it didn't help. I measured circuit frequency response and there is -10db attenuation at 100hz starting to roll of at about 600khz. This is with and without phantom engaged.

Last edited:
Wow, stock caps are Rubycon on this baby :D
Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread, the mod is tested, works great!

The smallest one out of the four visible in the first photo, perhaps (it has the K vent pattern), although you should check the markings carefully. I've seen "Rulycon", "Rukycon", and there must be at least one other version of "misspelling".

The other ones, are most definitely not Rubycons, the ones with the tri-wing / "plus" vent.

kingkorg said:
Wow, stock caps are Rubycon on this baby :D
Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread, the mod is tested, works great!

Latest posts

Back