Rode NT2A circuit - identify SMD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghiatorino

Hi guys,
i have 2 Rode NT2A experiencing the same problems (wind noise, random pops-crackles). One started last year and the second some days ago.
I changed the capsule, 2 different brand new capsules, and the problem is still there.
So i tried to get into the SMD circuit and change the 470 pF input coupling cap (marked in green on the attached picture) with a through hole WIMA soldered on the circuit tabs. No result.
I am searching the issue on the high-Z part of the circuit, since AFAIK this problems are related to the input section (capsule and related JFET input circuitry).
No schematic around the web, so working on the SMD's is very difficult. Can you help me identify the 2 components marked in Red? They could be some high value resistors, i am expecting 2* 1 Gohm resistors around there (one is joined to FET's gate ).
I would also try to change the FET, marked in blue, do you know which one is used?
I would appreciate comments or hints (or schematic !?!), thanks in advance

Attachments

• RODE NT2A.jpeg
    RODE NT2A.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 120
if you mean the 2 big ones above the capsule leads yes, changed on the other mike, no results.
If no, please help me identify where they are on the board...
many thanks!

I had the same problem with an Nt2A and fixed it by reheating the solder connections. It was a while ago but I think it was one of the capacitors  capacitors circled in  my pic.

Attachments

• RODE NT2A 2.jpg
    RODE NT2A 2.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 130
Hi i know this was some time ago. I am experiencing The same problem. Can anyone suggest me capacitance values? Im basically just gonna replace most of them that see a higher voltage

Capacitors circled in green - about 2.2nF x 100V, red - 100nF x 100V. C0G (NP0).
JFET - IF4500.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
i have 2 Rode NT2A experiencing the same problems (wind noise, random pops-crackles). One started last year and the second some days ago.
I changed the capsule, 2 different brand new capsules, and the problem is still there.
So i tried to get into the SMD circuit and change the 470 pF input coupling cap (marked in green on the attached picture) with a through hole WIMA soldered on the circuit tabs. No result.
I am searching the issue on the high-Z part of the circuit, since AFAIK this problems are related to the input section (capsule and related JFET input circuitry).
No schematic around the web, so working on the SMD's is very difficult. Can you help me identify the 2 components marked in Red? They could be some high value resistors, i am expecting 2* 1 Gohm resistors around there (one is joined to FET's gate ).
I would also try to change the FET, marked in blue, do you know which one is used?
I would appreciate comments or hints (or schematic !?!), thanks in advance
I worked at RODE for quite some time. This was a common issue with a few mics. You'll wanna change the White SMD 100nf caps to WIMA 100nf film caps. Eliminates the problem completely.

Latest posts

Back