Kev and PRR for Moderators!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRR already serves a vital role as the voice of engineering sanity and learning. Why try to thrust additional duties on him? I'd rather see the time he spends here go into writing his comprehensive replies.

Actually, Paul sent me an email stating that he would like to be our moderator!

That' made me feel a whole lot better!
Good to have his nod of approval.

cj

[quote author="cjenrick"]Actually, Paul sent me an email stating that he would like to be our moderator!

That' made me feel a whole lot better!
Good to have his nod of approval.

cj[/quote]

Sounds good to me.
Just have them send me an email.

PRR's here! :grin:

Watch out! Bigtree will press for an invasion on the grounds that we may be hiding "weapons of mass instruction"! :grin:

Tech Talk Lite (C)
"all the information, less than half the bùll$hït" (R)

Keef :wink:

...Seriously... that would make me feel like I was back in school. -In our school we all had to stand up in immediate silence whenever a master entered the room.

That degree of credibility would mean that I'd feel just as respectful about 'The Lab'. I goofed off a lot at the old forum, but I felt like the class clown with the teacher out of the room. -If PRR's the moderator, class is in session, and I have to behave.

I'm all for it. It's what I need. I'm not seeing a downside other than more 'duty' for PRR... If he volounteers for duty then my part of the bargain is to sit down, shut up & learn.

Best idea for years! -Teacher, I brought you an apple!

Keith

:guinness: :razz:

Cheers!! You guys will have to drink alot of beer to keep the brain
cool from all Brain power (heat) that is being generated here.

This is Audio Engineering Heaven!

:guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :green: :guinness: :sam: :guinne

I say we each donate 3 bucks and make our own mutual fund ... Let me quit right here, this wine is really good, anyway, yes PRR is the an excellent candidate!

Rock on all! :thumb: :sam: :green:

I agree with NYDave.

> sent me an email stating that he would like to be our moderator!

Actually: that I could host a forum; if so, I'd have to hold the Big Stick in case of trouble with my organization's net-ops office.

But someone else did it, and I'm happy to let him have the glory and the pain.

And I also moderate another forum, and am not really looking for more chores. Anyway I'll be spread thin for a while: kitchen re-model (to the point that some days I can't get to the PC for all the new wood, cabinets, and wiring supplies) plus my boss wants new pictures on his website and my co-workers let it go until he got a bug about it.

The best forums are self-moderating. The general flavor tends to guide discussions, and the cooler heads can calm hot-heads. In 6 years on "my" forum, I rarely moved messages out of sight, and never locked-out anyone. Gentle peer-pressure and general good example works wonders.

I may wind up carrying a moderator stick here, but would only use it in emergencies: someone crapping-up the forum really bad. I suspect there should be several people with such emergency power so that if they happen to be first on the scene of a mess, they can mop-up ASAP.

[quote author="PRR"]...And I also moderate another forum...

...The best forums are self-moderating...[/quote]Which forum? Anything we'd be interested in?

I agree - I don't think a group like ours needs any ?official? moderation. If anything, we'd only need someone to help the site administrator (Ethan) watch for copywrited material or anything that might get them in trouble. Didn't seem like Kev had to do much at all over at TT, except edit a post or two when some dummy like me wasn't thinking and posted someone's address. :oops:

Ah... relief! -So I won't have to spring to bolt-upright-attention quite so often! :wink: Seriously PRR, please consider it a mark of affectionate respect that you're held in such universally high esteem.

There's probably a bunch of willing local helpers on the forum ready to help with the kitchen remodelling, if you can stand it turning into a Laurel & Hardy sketch... :twisted:

Same goes also for Kev, though he's currently also low profile, albeit for necessarily different reasons...

Keith

Yeah, I mean Kev and PRR were mostly about posting related info to a thread.

We did need very little moderating, and most of it was probably due to my big mouth!

So if I cool it, we should be fine.

Mob Rules!
Kill the King!
Power to the People, Right On!

cj

Latest posts

Back