CA-250 EQ // 3 band Sontec in 500 series format

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lagrange said:
I agree with mdmitch2 that it might be a good idea not to solder the bypass switch pcb completely before fitting the faceplate for the final time.

Thanks for the great review!

As mdmitch2 and Lagrange pointed out, it's a good idea to install the front panel before you solder the 6-pin header of the bypass switch.  Do steps 31-32 prior to step 30 in the build guide.

Haha.

I just got mail yesteday, that my parcel was deliverd to the customs duty office in my hometown, because the Mailservice don't know what it is and how to tax it.

German bureaucracy at it's finest ;) I've got to go there and pay a taxfee. :D Yay...

[silent:arts] said:
To customs it is TARIC-Code 85340011  ;D

I guess they have a pretty big glossary...
Now I understand why they charge administration fees  ;D

It reminds me of one time I received aluminum front panels and the Canadian customs charged me an extra because of a pyrotechnic classification  :eek:

Calibration went smoothly, no issues. The pot throw and markings lined up perfectly, only had to adjust one knob.

Ran some 2 buss through them, post compression giving a little lift in the highs and cutting mids. Sounded polished. Need to run some individual tracks through them but first impression is good.

Mulmany said:
Calibration went smoothly, no issues. The pot throw and markings lined up perfectly, only had to adjust one knob.

Ran some 2 buss through them, post compression giving a little lift in the highs and cutting mids. Sounded polished. Need to run some individual tracks through them but first impression is good.

Great! Keep us posted ;)

SKJGProject said:
Too bad i missed this one...will there be a commercial unit?

Yes, my goal is to sell assembled unit under the brand "Chambord Audio" by the end of 2017. (the website is under construction)

Let's see how everything goes with the first batch of kits and If there's enough interest, I could eventually make another one ;)

I have a lot of work at the moment... full time sound designer by day, electronic enthusiast by night  ;D

Cheers
Gabriel

CA250_ANGLE_Small.jpg

8)

The calibration went smoothly, no problems there!
I didn't have much time to use the EQs much yet, but the first impressions are definitely good. Though I have to mention I don't yet have much of a point of reference, since these guys are the first outboard EQs I've put in my setup. ;)

Latest posts

Back