Bomb at Manchester concert?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These apparent lone wolf attacks seem to be particularly effective. I find it hard to believe they have no connection with organised terrorism.

Ian

ruffrecords said:
These apparent lone wolf attacks seem to be particularly effective. I find it hard to believe they have no connection with organised terrorism.

Ian
They may not have any 'concrete' contact per se, but I imagine they have most likely at the very least been heavily 'groomed' on the internet or in some community.

What I find particularly upsetting about this attack is the apparent targeting of young teenagers. That is disgusting.

With it coming so close to the election I hope MP's will not seek to politicise it or try to use it to their own advantage. Sadly I think that is exactly the type of thing many MP's will do. 

ramshackles said:
With it coming so close to the election I hope MP's will not seek to politicise it or try to use it to their own advantage. Sadly I think that is exactly the type of thing many MP's will do.

BBC reports that all election campaigning has been suspended.

Cheers

Ian

ramshackles said:
They may not have any 'concrete' contact per se, but I imagine they have most likely at the very least been heavily 'groomed' on the internet or in some community.
yup
What I find particularly upsetting about this attack is the apparent targeting of young teenagers. That is disgusting.
all terrorism is designed to be disturbing...  as targets get more hardened they move to nearby staging areas, like a few recent airport attacks in departure terminals. More children could have been killed if the bomb was exploded inside the arena (speculation).
The timing is probably not accidental, while the islamic radicals have consistently underestimated the resolve of the west.

ISIS is losing ground in the middle east so I expect more of this in the near term, as radicalized westerners jump ship and scatter from the ME,  before we can finally turn the tide (yes I am still an optimist).

Islamic religious leaders need to stop teaching that suicide bombers who kill innocents will somehow be received into heaven. They are as guilty as the suicide bombers.

JR

Latest posts

Back