need to split balanced line level to 2 x high impedance unbalanced

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre tchmil

hello , help needed  8)

I need to split a balanced line into 2x high impedance instrument levels.
can be either transformer or opamp based. no fancy extras needed.
Something like this but in a simpler way maybe ?
http://www.radialeng.com/extcsa.php

thanks in advance

I would use a transformer (balanced to unbalanced) and if needed a couple of resistors as voltage dividers to the instrument inputs. Simplest solution!

Line level is usually a low impedance source and the signal level is similar to instrument level. If you want to feed a line level signal into two high impedance instrument inputs then all you need to do is wire it direct to both. If you want some ground isolation then you can feed it via a transformer but that is all you will need. Remember you can always feed a low impedance source into a high impedance input but never the other way round.

Cheers

Ian

andre tchmil said:
Thanks guys.
Ruud, you mean a dual secondary I guess.

Not necessary. If the two unbalanced inputs share the same ground potential, there is no need to use separate secundaries.
You could use two resistors between the 'hot' side of the secundary of the transformer and the unbalanced inputs, to obtain some form of 'isolation' between the unbalanced inputs.

i meant to build something like this reamp box once (in the attachment) with Neutrik NTE 10/3 transformer

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 16
Back