Badaax out of business?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecr4ne

I've recently modded a few Badaax T-11As and GT-2Bs with parts and guidance from Dave and Scotty at advancedaudio.ca with great success.

That said, Badaax, which was the most affordable rebrand of Alctron HST-11A (Apex 460) seems to be disappearing from the market. Their website, barringtonmusicgroup.com / musicfactorydirect.com has been down for months, and what's left of their stock on Amazon and ebay have had some weird price jumps. The GT-2B was $120 in Dec.2016, then $99 in Feb 2017 and is now $199

I sent a message to the Amazon seller, Music Factory Direct on Amazon, but haven't heard back.

Anyone know anything about this? or if there's another place to get them at reasonable prices? Apex/Nady/Carvin versions of the same mics are priced higher, as are Alctron mics on Aliexpress (which seems to be the only way to get them in the US)

I think since you are going to be modding them, and void warranty anyway used ones are the way to go. I know, one has to be patient. But there is so many versions of those that they are probably all around you, you just need to find them. I buy Chinese mics used for 30-50 bucks max, and find find them all over the place.

Same mod works with TSM Swedish rebrand, SM Pro MC03 for example,  Nady1050...

Latest posts

Back