sourcing parts for pseudo SSL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostdzog

Hi. I hope someone can help me.
I spotted some previous posts by users who were sourcing parts to repair SSL mixing boards.

I was hoping someone could help me with sourcing some additional parts for a design that i am
working on for a control surface to use with the SSL Duende Channel Strip.

I recently found that SSL themselves sell a number of their parts on the spares website.
However, they do not include all the parts which i need to create my design.

In particular, I need illuminated buttons . Small rectangular of the same size as the SSL's, as well as small square ones.
These for the most part are push button latch / toggle type, which illuminate when pushed down and latched.

I am also looking for a good source of fair quality endless rotary encoders, which i could use instead of the fixed potentiometers which SSL sell.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Although i guess i could always use endless style potentiometers which synthesizer manufacturers such as novation use.

The latching illuminated switches used on the SSL 4000 / 6000 series are made by EAO in Switzerland. I have a decent stock of those secondhand

Rotary encoders you can buy from Farnell, Mouser, etc from about 35p each

Nick Froome

Latest posts

Back