DIY 500 series - looking for recommendations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzathedrummer

Hi,

I'm just in the process of gearing-up to start teaching music production and I'd like to get some 500 units to demonstrate the use of audio hardware.

I've been looking at the DIYRE stuff and may well purchase an EQ. I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend any other DIY 500 series units for around the same price ($200).

Ideally, I'd like a 6 module box with an EQ and maybe a compressor, a gate, a couple of mic pres and some kind of FX unit.

Under 200$, i would recommend the ssl9000 preamp and studer69 EQ. You'll find both at pcbgrinder.
If you want a nice compressor, try the 903 51X from silent:arts.

the  micpre three seems a pretty good deal [ is it the 9K before there was a 9k ? ]
everything you need and good pcb manufacture I'm sure
depending what country you're in [ money exchange rates ] there's allot of great stuff on the white market
allot of cheap chinese stuff too , buyer beware there!

okgb said:
the  micpre three seems a pretty good deal [ is it the 9K before there was a 9k ? ]

They both share the same input topology (discrete transistor) but that's all. MICPRE ONE is fully balanced from input to the output. The signal is not unbalanced at any point. It also has the Fader with additional +4dB gain and -16 attenuation. Basically it is MICPRE ONE less the instrument input, monitor/di output and metering.

Latest posts

Back