Building a mixer from Neumann Modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geebeeVIE

Hi Folks,

I "inherited" a nice set of

8x Neumann V476 B Micpres
8x Neumann W491 A Equalizers
2x Neumann U473 A Compressors

They come in their rack and with power supplies.

I would love to build an 8-in-2 mixer around these modules, but honestly, have little to non clue how and where to start.

Each channel should have a direct out (pre-eq),  2 auxes, panpot, mute/solo, fader.

Master section should have a master fader, the 2 comps, 2 Main outs (for redundant recording), Monitoring Out, 2 Aux returns with adjustable level and panning, 1 Tape return

Are there any diy projects existing that could be used?

Thanks!

Gee.

I don't know if there are any existing projects exactly like this. But I will predict that the metalwork & front panels will be more work than the electronics side of things

There are quite a few projects on here for small DIY mixers. If you look at those and substitute your modules for the active parts of them you'll get an idea of what is required for wiring & etc

Nick Froome

Hello

geebeeVIE said:
I would love to build an 8-in-2 mixer around these modules, but honestly, have little to non clue how and where to start.

Maybe if you have no clue is to start with  something like the Speck via Fader ?

It have everything you need except aux and TP return (which can be handled other way later)
Only work you will have is wiring

Best

Zam

Latest posts

Back