GROUP BUY: Universal Audio 176 - a 100% faithful recreation of a legend! CLOSED!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rainton,

You can put me down for two! In addition we have 2 UA175s,  a UA176, and a  UA177 at our studio here in Nashville. If you need any hands on info I'd be happy to oblige

EB

TubeMonkey said:
Hey Rainton,

You can put me down for two! In addition we have 2 UA175s,  a UA176, and a  UA177 at our studio here in Nashville. If you need any hands on info I'd be happy to oblige

EB

It's helping hands like you that make this such a great community!  I can't wait for this build!

TubeMonkey said:
Hey Rainton,

EB

What wmarden said! Thank you so much for your offer that's so awesome.
I'll definitely get back to you.

During the entire ride building my 176 I had only pics I gathered from all across the web (which were mostly 175b and only a few 176), the original service manual and the schematics. So that was not an easy task!

I'd love to get some more pics from the inside of the original 176.
If you have the chance to take some pics of your unit, please send it to [email protected]

Thanks!!
Martin

I can't miss that train ! Please count me in for an Api fit Case ! Don't have to say that these are great moments you're creating !!! Gongrats !!!!

Hey guys,

I'm getting lots of mails concerning the 176 project. I can't make any definite statement on pricing yet, but due to the many requests, I really try to have all information ready to finally open preorders for a very limited run in February!

If you wanna make sure you don't miss it, please post here if you're interested.

I'll go through the list once I'm ready :)

Thanks for your patience guys - you're the best!
Martin

rainton said:
Hey guys,

I'm getting lots of mails concerning the 176 project. I can't make any definite statement on pricing yet, but due to the many requests, I really try to have all information ready to finally open preorders for a very limited run in February!

If you wanna make sure you don't miss it, please post here if you're interested.

I'll go through the list once I'm ready :)

Thanks for your patience guys - you're the best!
Martin
Thanks Martin. Do you anticipate doing many runs, or is this the only one planned? I definitely will be in for 2 sets, but I'm not in position right at this moment to pay for them.

Loving what you're doing bud!

mike

Hello Martin,

I'm definitely in for one set. I've been following this thread from the very beginning. I already gathered most parts for the build  :) Wouldn't want to miss this run.

Best,

Woo hoo, great news Martin ~hoarded enough bits for 4 here please. Also have a friend with about 16  O~17 shields and he has 30~40 a pi  361 meters that he could print up ua logos for, let me know team

moltenwok said:
Woo hoo, great news Martin ~hoarded enough bits for 4 here please. Also have a friend with about 16  O~17 shields and he has 30~40 a pi  361 meters that he could print up ua logos for, let me know team

I would be in for a pair of these!

hey Martin,
great to hear! its jakob (gave you the a19) - please put me down for a pair with api meters and hopefully logo (im only doing repairs - promise :) best

Alright guys I have some archival photo documentation of our four units. I'm uploading currently, but here is a sneak preview.

I call this one the "Putnam Glory Shot"

Attachments

• IMG_3939.jpg
    IMG_3939.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
Put me down for one (using API 361 meter), these look too amazing to pass up.  I'm already trying to do too many projects, but I have most of the hard to source parts for this already!

Latest posts

Back