Potato Cakes

Hi, Martin,

I'd like to start looking at buying transformers for the pair of cases I have built. Looking to do modern equivalents instead of trying to search for used originals. Can you provide the model numbers for the Sowter units that you used on your build?

Thanks!

Paul

mro

I'm no Martin  :) but those should be 1285e, 1449 and 1133. The info's on their website. I don't know about now but betore the build rush it was fairly easy to get UTC 0-1 or 0-2 for cheap on ebay.  If you consider using A18 for interstage I know a guy who has quite a few for a fair price. Cheaper than the Sowter equivalent for sure

Potato Cakes

Any word about the custom capacitors for this project?

Thanks!

Paul

moltenwok

Hi team, just sent out invoices for meters and shields, the only person I can't seem to reply to is [email protected], if you could please get in touch via PM or another email address I can reply to..... Cheers johnny

moltenwok

Ok guys, whats the  best way to collect monies to pay for this, I'm not a business and just trying to help everyone out so I don't want to incur any PayPal fees personally, do let me know, cheers johnny

Hi, Martin,

I'd like to start looking at buying transformers for the pair of cases I have built. Looking to do modern equivalents instead of trying to search for used originals. Can you provide the model numbers for the Sowter units that you used on your build?

Thanks!

Paul

For people in the US...Matt Can do the Power Transformers. But Not until June 1st.  He can do the correct 650V CT.
I measured to my original UA 175b..And the height is just 1/4" shorter. All other dimensions are spot on size wise.

Musical power supply PT325.2

BramK

Ok guys, whats the  best way to collect monies to pay for this, I'm not a business and just trying to help everyone out so I don't want to incur any PayPal fees personally, do let me know, cheers johnny

Having people send payment through 'Friends & Family' would be the way to do it without fees - buyers don't get any protection from eBay if anyone goes wrong in the process though.

BramK

Question about the Sowter 1285...

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned to use a 1285e, I don't see the 'e' version on the website. There's also 3 styles: Open Frame, Fully Shrouded, & Mumetal Can w/ threaded grommet - which one do we want for this build?

Are there any other sowter parts to put in with this order? I'm already using a UTC A-18 and 0-1.

Thanks!

rainton

I answered your mail yesterday Bram.

But in case anybody else is wondering - the „e“ version is the one with mumetal can and threaded grommet.

If you’re already using the UTC input and interstage, no other parts needed from Sowter.

I almost finished a first BOM and will upload it soon so we can discuss it :)

BramK

Ah, yep - looks like your email made its way into Spam.

Thanks!