Pultec EQ SRPP amp questions ???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Been messing about with Jakobs SRPP version of the Pultec EQ, I think iv got the filter section sorted for now, so I birds nested the components onto a tube socket with a ECC82 in there for now.
Havent got all the exact parts to hand at the moment but thought i would be able to get her up & running.....but no.
I could be doing something totally silly as im bit green & dont understand all the theory yet.

Heres whats happening

With the heaters lit up it passes audio{but very much}, turn on HT....audio stays for a few seconds then dissapears.

Here comes the questions

I have got an OP tran yet but thought I would still get audio from the 4U7 cap ???
Would I need a resistor between the 4U7 & ground to take place of the missing tran winding ??
Have I got the pins on the tube right...250V to pin 6 plate...pins7 & 1 connected together...pin 2 grid is input via 220n cap & 470K to ground.

like I said I could be doing something silly so be gentle with me, many thanks.

Gary O.

put a 10K (I think, someone back me up on this) resistor from the 4.7uF cap to ground to get rid of the DC, and double check the way you hooked up the tube.

Thanks for confirming thr resistor thing iv tried various values there im gonna have a good go at this thing tomorow gotta sing for my supper tonight.

Many thanks .......Gary O.

Sorted thanks for help guys I had my cathdes round the wrong way, working lovely now, just putting it all together now, its made of scraps its only cost me about 20 quid.

Thanks once again.

Gary O.

Back