kante1603

Re: Desktop remote for Sound Skulptor MC624 monitor controller
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 08:17:50 PM »
Even if you just printed a few more boards up with the SMT stuff on it with a BOM for everything else. Id be down for that.

Looks great!

Same here,this would make the controller complete,I really love mine but need a small remote on my desk.

Best regards,

Udo.

buckethead

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
I have some more PCBs I'd give away, no parts on there though. It really isn't that hard to do SMT soldering...

There are some things to consider:
- do people want to program their controllers themselves?
- if so, do I need to include USB interfacing on the PCB or do people have ICSP programmers....?
- what values for series resistors for LEDs? I prefer very dim LEDs for instance...
- maybe people want their own programming/functions etc.

I guess a through hole version could be done, but I'm not sure if there's enough interest for making it happen

Best regards,
Mathias

Blackdawg

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
I have some more PCBs I'd give away, no parts on there though. It really isn't that hard to do SMT soldering...

There are some things to consider:
- do people want to program their controllers themselves?
- if so, do I need to include USB interfacing on the PCB or do people have ICSP programmers....?
- what values for series resistors for LEDs? I prefer very dim LEDs for instance...
- maybe people want their own programming/functions etc.

I guess a through hole version could be done, but I'm not sure if there's enough interest for making it happen

Best regards,
Mathias

Well..

As i know very little about the andrino and programming them..I can't answer your first two questions haha My dad is REALLY into them though so I know I could make it work no matter what.

LEDs are easy enough to change. I know i don't need ultra bright ones.

But I see your point. Like if someone wanted to add an LED display or something. I know Id just want the buttons likely and knob like yours.

pvision

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »
Can't you use a constant-current source for the LEDs and set the value you prefer?

Incorporate a front panel LDR and you can have the LEDs set their brightness automatically according to the ambient light...

Did you know that railway signals have a day / night switch in the signal box? They are dimmer at night as there is more contract due to lack of ambient light

Nick Froome

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »
I am so very interested in this .
I am more of a noob in the electrical engineering and programming department but this controller would solve so many things for me and it looks super cool. Im really hoping for a PCB in the future, SMD or through hole, I would give it a shot. I would be totally lost on any  programing needed though..

Keeping a eye on this thread!
You guys consistently amaze me.

andow

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 10:29:12 AM »
I'm also very interested in this project! This would make the monitor controller complete.

Pleeeease somebody make this available somehow! Maybe Soundskulptor could even add this to their site.

Rocinante

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2019, 12:46:25 PM »
The controller that you make does it send commands to the mc-624 for which execute them or is it executing the commands as well? For example;  if I were to select input 1 to output 4 would it command pins to relays to do that or is it just sending a command to the MC 624 micro-controller?
In other words could it be used as a brain for someone to make their own monitor controller?
If there's a harder way to do this, I haven't found it yet.

buckethead

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »
It sends commands over RS-485 to the MC624's controller - it has no interfaceing for relays etc.