kante1603

Re: Desktop remote for Sound Skulptor MC624 monitor controller
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 08:17:50 PM »
Even if you just printed a few more boards up with the SMT stuff on it with a BOM for everything else. Id be down for that.

Looks great!

Same here,this would make the controller complete,I really love mine but need a small remote on my desk.

Best regards,

Udo.

buckethead

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
I have some more PCBs I'd give away, no parts on there though. It really isn't that hard to do SMT soldering...

There are some things to consider:
- do people want to program their controllers themselves?
- if so, do I need to include USB interfacing on the PCB or do people have ICSP programmers....?
- what values for series resistors for LEDs? I prefer very dim LEDs for instance...
- maybe people want their own programming/functions etc.

I guess a through hole version could be done, but I'm not sure if there's enough interest for making it happen

Best regards,
Mathias

Blackdawg

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
I have some more PCBs I'd give away, no parts on there though. It really isn't that hard to do SMT soldering...

There are some things to consider:
- do people want to program their controllers themselves?
- if so, do I need to include USB interfacing on the PCB or do people have ICSP programmers....?
- what values for series resistors for LEDs? I prefer very dim LEDs for instance...
- maybe people want their own programming/functions etc.

I guess a through hole version could be done, but I'm not sure if there's enough interest for making it happen

Best regards,
Mathias

Well..

As i know very little about the andrino and programming them..I can't answer your first two questions haha My dad is REALLY into them though so I know I could make it work no matter what.

LEDs are easy enough to change. I know i don't need ultra bright ones.

But I see your point. Like if someone wanted to add an LED display or something. I know Id just want the buttons likely and knob like yours.

pvision

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »
Can't you use a constant-current source for the LEDs and set the value you prefer?

Incorporate a front panel LDR and you can have the LEDs set their brightness automatically according to the ambient light...

Did you know that railway signals have a day / night switch in the signal box? They are dimmer at night as there is more contract due to lack of ambient light

Nick Froome