John shines on this one !!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gar381

I was going thru a box of old manuals in the store room here at the shop
and found this GEM :)  This manual looks like new.  I use to own one
of these back in the day and we had 2 at our audio post plant that we
used for B & T in the router.

These we a beautiful design in their day. I only wish I knew whatever
happened to mine :(  I think It got lost when I moved 20 years ago.

Thanks John for designing this GEM !!

GARY

Attachments

• Scan.gif
    Scan.gif
    126.8 KB · Views: 63
Thank you, I love all my children but the TS-1 was a very nice product (early 80s).

I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to make a modern version , I could do it cheaper, smaller, better.... BUT I promised myself long ago to never do a hardware product that could be covered by a smartphone software app.  :eek:

If you want to get dizzy look at the schematic for that puppy... more circuit tricks per square inch than most.
Loftec_TS1.jpg

even the power supply is doing tricks.

JR

I use mine every day (I had wanted one for ever then I finally scored one from a member here many years ago...)
Thanks for a wonderful product!
I shudder at the mere idea of having to use a smartphone for anything at the workbench... the horror...

I'm another happy owner of the TS-1.  I use it all the time and still have the manual too! 

Regards,
Jeff

Matador said:
Here, let me take care of the new version for you.

atmega8-minimal-lg.png

;D

Except why use so many parts.  ;D ;D

The cheap micros I like have internal clocks that are more than adequate, so why throw a crystal at it? With plenty of flash storage no need for ROM.

Bult-in A/Ds deliver 12b and with front end gain ranging that could be scaled to cover audio needs..

I've even seen micros with 16b DAC built in so I could make a decent sine wave using a look-up table easy-peasey...  8)  I already had crude FFT running in DSP prototype but i still lean toward KISS feature set... One attractive thing about TS-1 is simplicity...

JR 

Latest posts

Back