• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CHEAP CAPI FC526 For Sale (uncalibrated/possible build fault)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Soul Rebel

Hi All.

I have struggled to calibrate this FC526 and I have come to the conclusion that there may be something wrong with my build. It comes with 2 IC opamps and 1 x GAR1731 (or GAR2520 if you prefer).

As you can see from the pics it is passing audio and powers fine. All power voltages read correctly and I had no problems up to the point of acheiving 7dbu of gain reduction. But when I come to try and calibrate the meters I can't get the two required readings.

For one of you fine experts on here, I'm sure its a simple fix but beyond my capability (and frankly my time) to troubleshoot.

It is the Rev A.2 version and the faceplate (old style) is brand new as is the kit. I had it in my stores for about a couple of years and got round to building it last year. But then never had the opportunity to finish it.

I'm looking for £125 + shipping via direct bank transfer. If you know what you're doing you can grab yourself a bargain here.

Matt

image hosting with direct linking

Probably just a stupid idea, but.... Do I understand correctly that it's only the meter that has the problem ? Can it just be one LED is positioned in the wrong direction ? (in this case it'll be the 7dB GR led or the one after).

Just a thought.

greetings,
Paul.

Back