DIY 500 Rack and Pre's options (On A LOW Budget)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedonnelly

Not sure if this is the correct place to start this topic, but I didn't want to put this in the project specific discussion as I'm more looking for input into starting a project rather than questions on a project that I have already started.

I want to build a 500 series rack, but I'm not running around with money at the moment. The cheapest option I have found to jump in to the DIY game currently is the SoundSkulptor 501, but I would rather find a build that can give me 6 slots for future expansion as money allows.

The CAPI 511 is a more economical investment, but at the moment I'm not running around with over $800 to spend on this entry-level project in to DIY 500 series rack & pre's.

So my question is this:

On a budget of $400 can I get a 6 slot 500 series, with 1 mic pre and PSU?

This may be an insane question, but this is me doing research. So thanks for the input :)

Those look like a great jumping off point. It may be a little adventurous for a first time build through, but it is a good resource, and a much cheaper price than what I'm looking at currently. Thank for the reply and the resource! :)

That is very competitively priced. I would like to build my own for the experience as well. Any chance you can point me in a direction to a diy kit? Or can you send me the parts not assembled for a little less? LOL. Sorry if that's rude, but it never hurts to ask.

Latest posts

Back