The Devil is in the De..DigiTech

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Nearly cost me not being able to use this machine at a gig yesterday...

the first supply had a problem, but I had the supply of my 2nd unit handy...

turns out they've switched from AC to DC somewhere during production...
wasn't aware before...  Naughty design change!

At least they also made a change that you can not mechanically plug the wrong one in.

Thanks to Alesis also using 9VAC we could use it. 

Attachments

• JMS_IMG_2939_rszd.jpg
    JMS_IMG_2939_rszd.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 46
clintrubber said:
Nearly cost me not being able to use this machine at a gig yesterday...

the first supply had a problem, but I had the supply of my 2nd unit handy...

turns out they've switched from AC to DC somewhere during production...
wasn't aware before...  Naughty design change!

At least they also made a change that you can not mechanically plug the wrong one in.

Thanks to Alesis also using 9VAC we could use it.

That is sneaky...I remember trying to repair a Mesa Boogie V-Twin pedal and spent several hours tracing the pcb trying to figure out why it sounded like crap to finally look on the case and see it called for AC transformer...

As far a a looper I still love and use my Lexicon Jamman that was once owned by Phil Keaggy...it had the ram increased (and I am sure it is still not as versatile as the newer digitechs but I'm not that talented so what do I care?)...it is rack mount though...not always "gig-friendly"

iomegaman said:
That is sneaky...I remember trying to repair a Mesa Boogie V-Twin pedal and spent several hours tracing the pcb trying to figure out why it sounded like crap to finally look on the case and see it called for AC transformer...

'Unusual' adapters are probably (and should be) for a certain reason, but one doesn't expect product-changes when arranging a backup of important gear in your live setup. Lesson learned...

I like it when brands try to stick to their 'company standard' as much as possible w.r.t. voltages, pinning, AC or DC, don't know if
Mesa Boogie is strict here ? They do of course have more direct mains powered gear, and not the range of adapter-fed gear like Roland /Boss have.

As far a a looper I still love and use my Lexicon Jamman that was once owned by Phil Keaggy...it had the ram increased (and I am sure it is still not as versatile as the newer digitechs but I'm not that talented so what do I care?)...it is rack mount though...not always "gig-friendly"

I've been looking at one a while ago, asking price had become reasonable,  and sure covering many areas where the newer JamMans don't go. Had to make a few too many sacrifices w.r.t. ' todays' ease of file exchange, memory etc. though. But while they're all called loopers, as I understood that original Lexicon JamMan is quite a nice & different instrument when compared with todays loopers.
Would love to see MIDI for instance on that relatively newer Digi JamMan.

Bye

clintrubber said:
'Unusual' adapters are probably (and should be) for a certain reason, but one doesn't expect product-changes when arranging a backup of important gear in your live setup. Lesson learned...

I like it when brands try to stick to their 'company standard' as much as possible w.r.t. voltages, pinning, AC or DC, don't know if
Mesa Boogie is strict here ? They do of course have more direct mains powered gear, and not the range of adapter-fed gear like Roland /Boss have.

I've been looking at one a while ago, asking price had become reasonable,  and sure covering many areas where the newer JamMans don't go. Had to make a few too many sacrifices w.r.t. ' todays' ease of file exchange, memory etc. though. But while they're all called loopers, as I understood that original Lexicon JamMan is quite a nice & different instrument when compared with todays loopers.
Would love to see MIDI for instance on that relatively newer Digi JamMan.

Bye

This one is a left over from when we had the studio in San Diego, we had two of them, one went to my son-in-law, I kept the nicer one...if I remember correctly Peter Gabriel inspired my purchase when he explained that "elephant" sound on Darkness (Up) was actually a Djembe played through the jamman over and over until it distorted then reversed (all done on the Jamman)...it was such a creative and alarming use of technology to me I had to go out and try it...just goes to show you what you can do when you ignore the purpose and rules...

Nice one! The 'current'/later range of JamMans (the DigiTech stuff) had probably best been given another name, since it's clearly another kind of animal. Nice on its own though, I selected this one for the right blend of features I was looking for, and it's a powerful package (massive storage, many loop-slots etc), but it can't do those Lexicon stunts.

Bye

Latest posts

Back