Blue Encore 200 - any possible mod to reduce handling noise

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

Hi!

First post. I wasn't sure what forum to post this on, but here I am!

So I got a pair of Blue Encore 200's a year or two ago because I saw that Marc Maron used them for his road podcasts and at the time, Blue was having a 2 for the price of 1 special (ended up getting two for $99!).

I LOVE how they sound. Great presence.

But they are pretty much unusable to me.

I have a  K&M microphone arm on my desk and pretty much anything I do on my desk is amplified by this setup. The Blue just has too much handling noise!  I can't believe this thing was built to be a handheld mic.

If i type, forget about it. It's like an earthquake.  And even just bumping the desk...it's terrible.

Obviously I could experiment with shockmounts (i will) or get a boom stand that isn't attached to my desk (i might), but I'm very curious about what it would take to dampen the sound inside the mic or do SOMETHING to reduce the handling noise.

I mean pick one up and then pick up a shure beta mic or something... it's a joke. Again, I can't believe Blue called this a handheld mic.

TL;DR - help! My mic has too much handling noise. What can I do to reduce it?

Thanks for reading and hopefully there is some way to quiet these down. If i could pull that off, this is a killer pair of mics. I would also love to actually be able to use them handheld.

Cheers,
- Bobby

I don't suppose applying some sort of high-pass around 100Hz (or a bit higher) is an option, is it?

Latest posts

Back