MAIKU capsules – Store Open

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banzai

Opening a thread here for feedback, comments, questions, and anything else related to these capsules.

Let us know what you think when you receive/test your orders  ;)

www.maiku-capsules.com

received mine yesterday. looking good. will test later.

i'd love to have roofs for these. anyone know where i can get those for cheap?

Get the k87 two weeks ago.
Will use it in my u87 diy.
Will post a sample.
The quality seams to be great.
Thanks for that Banzai !

@Till: Thanks, hope you'll like what you hear!

@useme2305: do you mean these things?

Attachments

• K87_cover.jpg
    K87_cover.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 132
Banzai, do you have a link to some sort of information about these? Was there another group-buy or something, that went way under my radar? :p

Khron, there was a white market thread (promo offer, 50% off). General info: new capsule brand, very good performance, and reasonable pricing ≈ €200/capsule.

Their permanent webshop should be up soon.

useme2305 said:
received mine yesterday. looking good. will test later.

i'd love to have roofs for these. anyone know where i can get those for cheap?
useme2305 said:

What do those "roofs" do for the capsule? Do they affect the sound in any way or is it a "protection" thing?  Is it something you would use for a particular capsule? Very Interested in the feedback on these capsules as well....in comparison to the RK87/RK47 as well as all the other capsules floating around. I read that these are nice upgrade to some of the Chinese offerings...what an awesome time that we can all make these things with awesome options!

Do they affect the sound in any way or is it a "protection" thing?

They probably affect the sound (as anything inside the headbasket) but the primary goal is capsule protection: if the mic fall down, the capsule mount being 'elastic' you risk a contact with the headbasket (the mesh or anything inside it) and a whiplash after that. During contact you can modify the diaphragm tension or have the ring which hold the skin to be damaged.

The 'roof' is here to take care of any contact to the capsule and redirect energy to the backplate (thru the screw) which is much more rugged.

You can easily do one with 1.5mm ptfe plate it is soft enough to follow capsule curvature and easy to cut.  ;)

Anout the Maiku, the ck12 and k67 are really well made, i ve got an original k67 and the Maiku are really close visually.

The ck12 look like other edge terminated from chinese origin but from the one i ordered they seem much more consistent in built than what i've already seen from china (one of the 4 i ordered have different looking material ring however... but this is not something i have concern about).

I'll have to wait a bit to hear them, i have too much work until the summer end to start other projects than the one i already started (and which will use a Maiku 47, so i could probably have feedback about this one sooner tha, the others).

KrIVIUM2323 said:
They probably affect the sound (as anything inside the headbasket) but the primary goal is capsule protection: if the mic fall down, the capsule mount being 'elastic' you risk a contact with the headbasket (the mesh or anything inside it) and a whiplash after that. During contact you can modify the diaphragm tension or have the ring which hold the skin to be damaged.

Gotcha...makes total sense. Again, I'm very curious as to the general consensus regarding these capsules. "I'll (we'll) be watching your career with great interest!"    :p  10 bucks to anyone who gets that quote!

I've compared the Maiku K47 with the original Neumann K49 Capsule in nearly the same Circuit.
These Capsule are very close together. The original one has a slight better mid respone, but is hard to hear.
I'm deeply impressed :eek:

Attachments

• P1140414_1.jpg
    P1140414_1.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 368
Take out the Peluso K87 from my DIY u87 and replaced it with the Maiku K87.
I wish I had ordered one more.
The response is so close to the original Neumann U87 and difference to my ears are very hard to hear.
Could bite my a**, that I not ordered two.

I just tried the K87 capsule in my old Poctop 87. It's absolutely gorgeous. The body..the 'oomph' with a sweet top end. As others have mentioned, if only i had ordered more. Any chance that may happen?

Latest posts

Back