• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AKG Solidtube, modified, first one which sounds great ;) - microphones sale!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ln76d

Probably the first Solidtube which sounds great!

- changed input topology and cathode biasing
- tube changed to NOS Siemens ECC81 (Munich not RFT rebrand)
- circuit recalculated for use of new tube
- all the circuit bugs removed
- almost all resistors (except two) changed for NOS vintage Beyschlag (the same as in most of classic German/Austrian mis from the "golden era")
- no electrolytic capacitors inside
- output cap - metal paper (best choice in this position)
- new PSU - "passive"
- cable changed to 5pin Schulz

I kept CCDA topology, but rebuilt it completely different way.
Smooth, more "tubey", really great tool.

350euro + shipping.

Sending from Poland.

More info via email or PM

Attachments

• DSC00083.JPG
    DSC00083.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Different PSU (passive), tube change for Siemens ECC81 (Munich - not RFT rebrand), change of the first stage cathode topology and few other points in the rest of the circuit, output cap changed for MP, interstage for MKP, most of resistors (except two) are vintage Beyschlag carbon, tube socket changed to ceramic, shabby led removed.
All components recalculated and empirically selected to get similar output level as also improved sound quality.
It's different microphone than stock, much more pleasant, great sounding.
Stock circuit was a waste of potential of really great capsule, transformer and the body.

Can you send me schematics modification ln76d....

And that is true ln76d, that capsule,body and the trannie is great...

I read that most people remove inter mesh from it and, I only change I think that was C1 and C2  to Wima MKP(but there is much better ones now)!!!

And heard that people put some stuff(some adhesive stuff) to decrease resonance in it!!!

Back