La-2a, useful to have 2 ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

Hi,
I have choices to make, because i started too many builds ^^
I already build a pair of P2P la-2a, which are fully matched.
Will it be still useful to have 2 of them when you plan to have 2254 stereo, STA level mono, 2x 1176ln, gssl and 176's ?
What are your experience regarding stereo operation with la-2a..useful for a bus, or is that design better for mono operations such as kick, bass, vocals ?

Kind regards.
Hugo

well i have three of them and two la3as - and id still like a few more. to me they are the best comp for acoustic music i have ever used. they compress extremely transparent with a great euphonic sound signature. that ha100x you sent me made it even better. thanks again - your marinairs will be shipped tomorrow.....

it might not be the best comp for anything electronic or aggressive in your face sound, but when you deal with mostly old-schoolish genres as i do you wont ever have enough :) i need one for vox, one for bass, one for acoustic, two for bv's and maybe one more for kick :)

In my opinion for some stereo sources  yes , for stereo bus no. Tooo slow. Well, a hit or miss thing. Most of the times miss ;) Wouldn't you want attack and release controls for stereo bus aplication? Curious about a pair of 176s for that!

Back