Basics Microphone Knowledge

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilStudio

For beginners and others who wants to learn more about audio physics.

Basics of audio, waterproof piezo, building your own electret circuit, all this and more.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrmyiUWdBXU40WxIiU4FmB9sCQtKxYP5b

This isn't intend to spam or anything, all the videos you will find in this playlist are free to use and are exclusively for education and entertainment.
Thanks for watching, subscribes if you liked!

ruffrecords said:
And of course you make absolutely nothing from advertising?

Cheers

Ian

Ian, and even if - so what? Do the viewer pay something for it? Let the guy have for cigarettes. If someone want to share knowledge, then why not? ;)

Well, there's also a few videos over on Dave Jones' EEVblog channel, starring Doug Ford, formerly of Rode Microphones ;) Educational AND entertaining ;D

Over here, in case anyone's interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAG6cMpUlY&list=PLHoGZ7nuFTo8VmQBhzZxl-qDEIN7T5Vt8

Thanks for your interest guys.

Yes I monetize my video and I won't hide it.
I took a 3 months break from my job to work on my channel 40 hours per week. Post about 40 videos in the last 4-5 months.

My reward was exactly : 1,75$ CAD...
lol I'm not complaining at all because I LOOOVVE doing this. Take a look at my ''Greetings from the Phil Studio''. In this video I explain my goal and why I love doing these videos. I like to share knowledge, entertain and teach others.

Thanks anyway guys!

It is a pity that it is not very scientific.
I watched an episode in which the value of the coupling capacitor between an electret microphone capsule and an oscilloscope was changed from 10 uF to 100 uF. I could have told you beforehand that this would not make any difference, because the input impedance of the oscilloscope is high.
Your videos may be interesting for amateurs, but I don't think they serve any purpose for the more serious technicians, as on this forum.

Thanks for the honest reply and the interest.
I do think my channel is for beginners and amateur DIYers.

I'm looking forward to learn and improve my knowledge so I can make better videos and tutorials.

RuudNL said:
It is a pity that it is not very scientific.
I watched an episode in which the value of the coupling capacitor between an electret microphone capsule and an oscilloscope was changed from 10 uF to 100 uF. I could have told you beforehand that this would not make any difference, because the input impedance of the oscilloscope is high.
Your videos may be interesting for amateurs, but I don't think they serve any purpose for the more serious technicians, as on this forum.

Rudolph, Rudolph :)

Not everything for everyone like many things in the world. Let be honest, we have also many beginners and amateur members, some probably doesn't even know difference between transistor and transformer - and that's good - otherwise it will be boring :D :D :D

Just asking myself what educations each of you have?
I saw Ruud's website.

When I was 16 years old, my goal was to someday build microphone a little bit like you do.
Engineering and university is a bit expensive so I decided to go to school and learn how to be an A/V technician, repairing electronic gears and stuff... not what I like the most but I got to learn the basics and advanced concept of electronic.

Since I'm not a Electronic Designer, I'm part of the DIYer in this world and I really want to get further in this path.
Any advices and hints are welcome.

Latest posts

Back