FFBE-32-02-242 (Famous Four Band Eq)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fragletrollet said:
Yes. Not sure how anodized compares to powdercoated: capi frontplates are anodized and silkscreened while soundskulptor modules are powdercoated and silkscreened? Just to compare with some modules i own.

I did a panel through schaeffer/fpe and it turned out gorgeous; powdercoated black (no silkscreen as all fonts are engraved, leaving a nice gray contrast to the black powdercoat, no infill needed)

here's a photo of three solutions

IMG_5844.jpg

1st module aluminium anodized and silkscreened (this is an old capi module, now i think jeff does them powder coated and silkscreened), 2nd module is api powder coated and silkscreened, 3d module is printed self adesive plastic

zamproject said:
Hello Paolo

Nice work as usual !

I like the separated I/O pcb option too, because by removing it I should fit this eq in my modular Studer desk, I have spare room /blank modules.
Is it possible to only use eq pcb, unbalanced I/O with 22v rail (or +/-11v), nominal level around -15dBu ?

Best
Zam

Thanks Zam,

the eq portion of pcb has connections for +/- supply, unbal input and unbal output, so this should work

pahstah said:
Thanks Zam,

the eq portion of pcb has connections for +/- supply, unbal input and unbal output, so this should work

Hi

Is your Vref (0v) hooked to any mechanical/frame part ? I ask because in real my supply is 0/-22, local floating ref is -11v, but connection to frame/ground/earth is at 0 rail ("virtual" V+, 11v).

Off topic: how is going your amazing modular console? any update fitting the automation ?

Best
Zam

zamproject said:
Hi

Is your Vref (0v) hooked to any mechanical/frame part ? I ask because in real my supply is 0/-22, local floating ref is -11v, but connection to frame/ground/earth is at 0 rail ("virtual" V+, 11v).

Off topic: how is going your amazing modular console? any update fitting the automation ?

Best
Zam

Zam, there are no connections between 0v and metal.

about my console, i'm still in the developing fase. metalwork is my biggest problem.

Full_Size_Render_14.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg

fragletrollet said:
Any news?

i have tried both the output and input options and after some tweaking they work fine, now i have to rework the pcb a little in order to insert the modifications it needs.
the main downside is that for the 50k reverse log pot to arrive there's a 12 or 14 weeks of waiting  :-\ .... so i have ordered 240 of them and they will be ready around christmas. i wondered if a should order more of them but i don't know how many people will be interested.
in the meantime since i've ordered those 50k rev log pots i said to myself why not to design the 82e02  and the 242 (less the filters) for the eq part? so i did, pcb for the 82e02 should arrive briefly.
i will post some pictures tomorrow

Paolo

Looks like a great project!

For high density panels like this, I have been using these knobs. It makes access so much easier

http://za.rs-online.com/web/p/products/4664989/

YbynC2o.jpg

Peter

peterc said:
Looks like a great project!

For high density panels like this, I have been using these knobs. It makes access so much easier

http://za.rs-online.com/web/p/products/4664989/

YbynC2o.jpg

Peter

Thank you Peter, nice idea.
although the problem is with switches accessibility, the knobs that i've decided to use are 10 mm wide and only for knurled 6mm shafts.

maybe pots with concentric shafts for gain/frequency could be a solution... i'll look into that

pahstah said:
maybe pots with concentric shafts for gain/frequency could be a solution... i'll look into that

Hi
You will then have room for a Q setting pot  8)

Best
Zam

A bit crowded but i think it can be done.  Also not so cheap, the concentric pots are 14 pounds each and there are 4 of them. Ouch!!

I was actually joking  :)
But if it can be done, why not  ;)
So now... you can use the added pot with integrated push/pull switches, in place of button  8)
And at the end you can call it HARI32 (High Analog Reshape Instrument)  :-X

Best
Zam

I think the panel looks great, Im all for cramming as many features into a module as possible. 500 series is for saving space, no? If space aint at a premium you could always make a 19'' unit.

about the 242 with filters in 500 format. it can be done but i need to order some concentric pot in 9mm format and the pcbs won't fit with the input output pcbs i made so it needs a new pcbs design

Back