FFBE-32-02-242 (Famous Four Band Eq)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A newborn : Mr. Brown

IMG_5920.jpg

fragletrollet said:
Now we are talking!! Can we have a peek at the guts?

Edit: was confusing the ffbe-32 for fbe-02. No filters after all?

the 02 has the same knobs pattern as the 32 but obviously doesn't have the filters because of the Q pots.
sounds really good though.
i am studying the 242 version with filters BUT i am looking for an alternate solution for dual stacked potentiometers so i can squeeze everything in a 500 series front panel (how i wish they'd have made it a 4 unit instead of 3 unit back in the days).

samguaiana said:
How do I get my hands on a pair of these?!
Also is the Brown an SSL???  :D

I'm thinking about selling these as partial or full kits. I haven't decided yet.
Mr. Brown is similar to an ssl 82e02 eq less the filters and the gainpot is also different because i couldn't find a center tapped pot with a 9mm footprint. It also doesn't have a center detent  but i've tried the eq and i've found that i don't really need these features.

If you ever do decide to sell these as full kits, count me in! Also if you ever do a mega affordable 80b EQ I'd be in heaven.
Have you thought of maybe push button HP and LP filters on the SSL? Like a good clean-up 80hz and a smooth 12k. But I know that faceplate is tight haha.

samguaiana said:
If you ever do decide to sell these as full kits, count me in! Also if you ever do a mega affordable 80b EQ I'd be in heaven.
Have you thought of maybe push button HP and LP filters on the SSL? Like a good clean-up 80hz and a smooth 12k. But I know that faceplate is tight haha.

the full kit price should be around 200-250 € for the harrison eq and 250-300 € for the ssl, depending on the front panel choice. also an 80b eq is possible.

Paolo

pahstah said:
the full kit price should be around 200-250 € for the harrison eq and 250-300 € for the ssl, depending on the front panel choice. also an 80b eq is possible.

Paolo

Where can I order?

In this image you can see the two different versions of the s s l eq: the 02 on top and the 242 at the bottom
as you can see the pcbs have footprint for smd/through hole resistors, electrolytic and ceramic capacitors, film capacitors are wima fet are j112

242-02.jpg

in this image you can see the front panels for 02 (brown) and 242 (black). front panel for 242 is aluminium anodized natural with digital print on it. the 02 is self adhesive paper printed with an inkjet.

242-02-front.jpg

Back