FFBE-32-02-242 (Famous Four Band Eq)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!
Received my boards too, fast and easy building... need two more!!!
a couple of things:

-in/out pcb:
c53,54,55,56: 100nF
c51,52: 470p
c50: 47p
D4, D5: 1n4007

-calibration 500r trimmer: http://sslweb.solidstatelogic.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/x-rack/pdfs/docs/XLogic_X-Rack_E_Series_EQ_Module.pdf

mrdarwin said:
Hi!
Received my boards too, fast and easy building... need two more!!!
a couple of things:

-in/out pcb:
c53,54,55,56: 100nF
c51,52: 470p
c50: 47p
D4, D5: 1n4007

-calibration 500r trimmer: http://sslweb.solidstatelogic.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/x-rack/pdfs/docs/XLogic_X-Rack_E_Series_EQ_Module.pdf

Bravo!

By the way, are you planning carts for the discrete I/O stages? And will you be sharing schematics?

I'm really looking forward to building these up! They're a little way down the build queue, but expectations are high.  ;D

Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone explain the the difference between the 1246 and the 1646 I/O? 

Dosser said:
Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone explain the the difference between the 1246 and the 1646 I/O?

About 400. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself!)

More helpfully, 1246 and 1646 are ICs from THAT Corporation - 1246 is a balanced line receiver (input), 1646 is a balanced line driver (output). Very clean sound, technically great stuff. I’ll be going transformer in/out here, but have used the THATs before and have a lot of time for them.

TwentyTrees said:
By the way, are you planning carts for the discrete I/O stages? And will you be sharing schematics?

I'm really looking forward to building these up! They're a little way down the build queue, but expectations are high.  ;D

the carts for input output discrete are ready but i'm gonna order them and try i build before publish them

Dosser said:
I received my boards in the mail today.  Excited about a new build!

Great!
You can use the guide for FBE-02 as a reference since the two eq are similar.
let me know if you have any question about the build.
thank you again.

Paolo

I finished building two of the 242 kits.  The sound is unbelievable, much better than my expectations (but I am an SSL fanboy). It was a very easy build, went together with no issues and worked first try.  The calibration was very strait forward as well.  I just used my DAW with a tone generator plugin to make sure I was getting +18 gain at each EQ point.  I used the THAT Input/Output option for my build.  I am very pleased with the results, I don't have a real SSL eq to compare the sound with, but the EQ curves are following very closely with plugin emulations of SSL 4000 black eqs (Waves and Brainworx).  This is my favorite EQ that I have built so far and I'd like to build at least 8 of these maybe even 16.  I've built SoundSkulptor 573, Don Classic NV73EQ, and DIYRE EQP5. 

Seanel said:
I finished building two of the 242 kits.  The sound is unbelievable, much better than my expectations (but I am an SSL fanboy). It was a very easy build, went together with no issues and worked first try.  The calibration was very strait forward as well.  I just used my DAW with a tone generator plugin to make sure I was getting +18 gain at each EQ point.  I used the THAT Input/Output option for my build.  I am very pleased with the results, I don't have a real SSL eq to compare the sound with, but the EQ curves are following very closely with plugin emulations of SSL 4000 black eqs (Waves and Brainworx).  This is my favorite EQ that I have built so far and I'd like to build at least 8 of these maybe even 16.  I've built SoundSkulptor 573, Don Classic NV73EQ, and DIYRE EQP5.

Thank you for your report Seanel!!

Latest posts

Back