• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Pultec EQP-1A, MEQ-5 and custom inductors in RM8 format (Group order?)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrioN

Same inductance and resistance as the original. The resistance part is ofter overlooked by many home winders it appears...

Stereo matching within a couple % is no problem.
€18 each. I would like to have an idea of how many of you that are interested in these. Please make a post if you are.
If you're just vaguely interested, please hold until you know.

For the custom inductors: To get an idea of what is capable, maximum is 700mH at 40ohms for example. 
If H is increased, R is increased and the opposite. This is not linear however. 1H may get you an resistance of 50ohms.

Shipping, tracked, insured up to €200 is €15-€25.

No? Maybe we got saturated on them coils. Speaking of. I'm using the cores with center hole, which makes a huge difference in how large a voltage swing they can handle.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for caring. I might be. Just want to check out if there is any need first. So far, the need seems very low. Business is not very good atm  :eek: ;D

Pm'ed you

ChrioN said:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for caring. I might be. Just want to check out if there is any need first. So far, the need seems very low. Business is not very good atm  :eek: ;D

ChrioN said:
Hi Ian,

What cores are you able to offer? I am in the process of designing a mastering EQ which will need a range of custom inductors, closely matched for stereo operation. I have a customer for the prototype so I able to place and order. Once it is complete I will be offering the PCBs here and they will all need inductors.

Cheers

Ian

Sure, custom values are no problems. I use a RM8 cores with center holes and gap. Tolerance is very tight and saturation due to high signal should't be a worry in most designs. Especially not the pultec and Ian type EQs.

Back