Knife? That's not a knife!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrazemaster

That's my fav line from Crocadile Dundee!

So I say, Switch? That's not a switch!

And I whip out this mofo I just bought on the bay. A true thing of beauty. Listing doesn't say so, but positions are adjustable by moving an internal pin, and mechanism glides on a ball bearing. Like buttah, I tell you! And silver contacts.

Wish all gear was built like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITT-W-Germany-80s-CERAMIC-Rotary-Switch-3-pole-2-positions-3P2T-NON-SHORTING-/351430843229?hash=item51d2e91b5d:g:RkMAAOSwDNdVhCm3

keefaz said:
Russian switches are nice too, cheap
(ebay # 282566010360 for example)
Those are nice too. The one I linked to is even heavier duty and smoother if memory serves.

These make the Centralabs feel almost cheap by comparison.

I have, waiting for installation, a little 240V 100 AMP DPDT.

6-inch handle is really too short. When there is a very slow night at the bar I will steal a beer tap handle extension.

41mpGmVpQrL._SX355_.jpg

AND-- it is a knife switch!! THAT'S a knife!

PRR said:

Double throw?

Backup genset install? I'd be interested to know how it goes.

Gene

Edit: Beer tap handles are 3/8-16 thread, and automotive manual shift knobs are 3/8-24, doesn't take much work to make them interchangeable, FWIW. This came in handy around here, in both directions.  ;)

PRR said:

6-inch handle is really too short. When there is a very slow night at the bar I will steal a beer tap handle extension.

41mpGmVpQrL._SX355_.jpg

AND-- it is a knife switch!! THAT'S a knife!
That would be your standard double-throw, on the rocks.

And yes, THAT'S A KNIFE!!!!

Back