• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*sold* Matador C12 project, everything but capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyfromdenver

Hi good peeps.
I got midway through and hit a budget wall. I can't afford the blingy capsule for a while, and I also am just perfectly pleased with my 2 x DU87s ;-)

This is a full kit from Matador/ Chunger including a Tung Sol 12AT7, the power supply board is fully wired and tested.
The mic is fully wired except for the transformer and new capsule.

The board or mic (can't recall from docs) is set for a 12AT7 with the appropriate resistor.
I undertook this over a year ago, so start fresh and make sure documentation hasn't changed.

In one of the wiring steps, I just soldered the blue lead straight to the tube socket pin, I think cause my wire was too short.

It falls upon you to verify and move forward with this build.

I have been doing electronics for about 8 years real heavy. the soldering is shiny and domed.

I imagine shipping will be expensive cause I want to pack well in a box.

Keeping this to N. America, preferably US.

thinking $200 for project and $50 to ship and insure. I can refund the shipping difference if it is a lot less.

$250 plus you source a capsule and you have a killer tube mic :)

Also, I found a cool old knob from the fleamarket for the variable pattern.

Andy

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Back