Looking for: Tube microphone power supplies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuudNL

Looking for a couple of tube microphone power supplies, preferably in Europe.
A version with a pattern selector switch would be nice.
Voltages are not critical. (I am going to modify them anyway...)
Unbranded power supplies are preferred.
Any suggestions?

I have no suggestions, but finding a source for these would really be welcome.

That's the main reason i haven't dabbled much with tube mics :D Well, apart from modding / upgrading my CAD Trion 8000...

Putting a PSU together is no big deal, but i'd kinda rather not have exposed mains, or +200VDC without it being contained within an earthed case (which doesn't look like some industrial abortion) :p

Maybe i'm an ultra-cheapskate, but even that almost "feels" like a bit much, somehow.

Buying a whole cardioid mic, and adding a pattern switch kinda seems a bit more worth it - you (also) get a donor mic too, and cable, and shockmount, and flightcase :) The SCT700 is 145e, looks like...

I have around 50 of those Alctron transformers.

Need to list them on the black-market...

RuudNL said:
Looking for a couple of tube microphone power supplies, preferably in Europe.
A version with a pattern selector switch would be nice.
Voltages are not critical. (I am going to modify them anyway...)
Unbranded power supplies are preferred.
Any suggestions?

Clone the Neumann NKM or NSM types.  I like the way the HT is clamped with a VR tube (150B2 or OA2 with socket wiring change).  The wiring and parts are straightforward.

Attachments

• NeumannNKMpsu.pdf
    221.9 KB · Views: 27
I kinda have my doubts the design is what's being searched for ;) Rather, it's the ready-made (or bespoke) enclosure and so on...

rmburrow said:
Clone the Neumann NKM or NSM types.  I like the way the HT is clamped with a VR tube (150B2 or OA2 with socket wiring change).  The wiring and parts are straightforward.

Latest posts

Back