the look of audio software

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gyraf said:
Speaking to quite a few of the plugin vendors, it's increasingly clear to me that they all realize (and knowingly benefit from) just how  big a part of perceived audio quality is rooted in the visuals. Yes, still.
Professionally, it is a puzzle and an embarassment. Some customers of my company have lapidary judgments about our current sound system management software, that I just don't comprehend at all. It seems these guys have references in cartoons and video games that make a world of difference for them and just mean nothing to me.
Personally, I don't give a toss about that, and it annoys me that DAW developpers spend so much time on frivolous details and none on more important operational issues.

On a tangential note, since aes last year I've been trying to shop a plugin "standard rack interface" to some of the big players - imagine having a formalized cross-industry way for all these visuals to dock without messing up screen space. This far no movement, but some understanding.
That is something I would like to see in DAW's as it seems my 24" secondary display is shrinking from day to day...

On a tangential note, since aes last year I've been trying to shop a plugin "standard rack interface" to some of the big players - imagine having a formalized cross-industry way for all these visuals to dock without messing up screen space. This far no movement, but some understanding.

Yes please!
Or just an utilitarian, switchable "engineering" mode where it's just space efficient buttons and linear controls, like the old Digidesign plugins.  You can turn the pretty colours on for playback...

It's become like the 'hipster' restaurants where they serve you chips [fries] in a shopping trolley.
We want plates!

mrclunk said:
Or just an utilitarian, switchable "engineering" mode where it's just space efficient buttons and linear controls, like the old Digidesign plugins.  You can turn the pretty colours on for playback...

I have a completely  different opinion,
I really dislike the old look of protools plugins and I prefer  plugins that look like Studio Gear.

I also think that the look and visual design of audio software has never been as good as it is nowadays, I'm quite happy.

I guess most of people like it also thats why manufactures went that direction.

But it's always a subjective matter, all of us have different tastes

Back